clay coaching

biakalblaster

went for a session with the coach today - place just south of Aberdeen, seals cove, owned by Neal Anderson dealer in aberdeen

first time with individual coaching and 3rd ever session on clays, other 2 times i have had coaching its been with my brothers and little effort to coach on stance and mounting the gun etc

great to be told the basics of stance this time and correct gun mounting etc, and establishing my eye dominance and discovered my stock is slightly short for me, so need to get a slip on butt pad extender - borrowed one for the session

did reasonably well with the clays, made me much smoother at mounting the gun and tracking the clays

after the hours session went home, then out to farmland in afternoon for flightlining real pigeons, and was astounded to get 5 pigeons for 16 shells!, normally i am happy with 1 bird for 5 shells!

just need to remember what i was taught and keep practicing! but very happy with the coaching i received and will defintely have more coaching,

went to kingscliffe last weekend, near Methlick in aberdeenshire - impressive ground there too