Which Optics for my Airsporter ?

TPR1966

You're right there Tony,

My head is spinning here m8 with all the reading up I've been doing {saves on repeated questions lol}, in the last hour I've found out my Airsporter is the Airsporter "S" don't know whever that's good or bad ?

I've got a list aslong as yer arm for some new pellets, as the milbro I've had the tin for about 15 years now and still got half a tin Tony.

Gee wizz this 41 year old is like a kid with a new toy here.

My gun is in bits here nearly, well I've taken the stock off and given the gun a good oiling and clean with 3 in 1 oil, I may need to go for a new spring, read good reports about them OX springs trouble is we have no gunsmiths here anymore tho I think there is a shop in Formby who sell springs and the like and aslo there is a shop in Blackpool and Bolton which are about a 1hrs drive for me.

I've found a diagram/picture of a basic jig to sort the springs out so I don't do any damage.

I'd like to be able to test this Rifle somewhere other than my back garden as I'm on a estate I don't think the neighbours would be too chuffed if I start setting the sights up in the back garden. Also about my sights the original ones keep coming lose, I take it I may need some thread lock on these to prevent this happening ? the thread of the screws don't go far into the barrel.

Back to more reading.

Tim

Guest The Outlaw
You're right there Tony,

My head is spinning here m8 with all the reading up I've been doing {saves on repeated questions lol}, in the last hour I've found out my Airsporter is the Airsporter "S" don't know whever that's good or bad ?

I've got a list aslong as yer arm for some new pellets, as the milbro I've had the tin for about 15 years now and still got half a tin Tony.

Gee wizz this 41 year old is like a kid with a new toy here.

My gun is in bits here nearly, well I've taken the stock off and given the gun a good oiling and clean with 3 in 1 oil, I may need to go for a new spring, read good reports about them OX springs trouble is we have no gunsmiths here anymore tho I think there is a shop in Formby who sell springs and the like and aslo there is a shop in Blackpool and Bolton which are about a 1hrs drive for me.

I've found a diagram/picture of a basic jig to sort the springs out so I don't do any damage.

I'd like to be able to test this Rifle somewhere other than my back garden as I'm on a estate I don't think the neighbours would be too chuffed if I start setting the sights up in the back garden. Also about my sights the original ones keep coming lose, I take it I may need some thread lock on these to prevent this happening ? the thread of the screws don't go far into the barrel.

Back to more reading.

Tim

If you are going to get a scope for it dont worry about the sights,

You can sight your gun in your garden but you have to be certain that you dont ricocchette around, use sand bags and or pellet catcher.

Tell your neighbours either side what you are doing.

The ox spring has a good reputation I wouldnt know if it is right for your gun, just be creful of your fingers if you do fit it yourself.

Tony

Many thanks Tony for the pointers, appretiated here m8 :whistling:

I do have the original pellet catcher here so that's fine m8, great tip about the sandbags though :good:

Trawling flebay now for pellets, might try some of these H&N Field Trophy's that's been recommended by members of PigeonWatch :good:

Tim.

Guest The Outlaw
Many thanks Tony for the pointers, appretiated here m8 :whistling:

I do have the original pellet catcher here so that's fine m8, great tip about the sandbags though :good:

Trawling flebay now for pellets, might try some of these H&N Field Trophy's that's been recommended by members of PigeonWatch :good:

Tim.

Remember tell every one what you are doing and be safe.

Tony