Dyson DC07 origin help

myuserid

A bit of advice required, I just purchased a DC07 origin (refurbished). Just had a look at the filter under the bin and its a pad. My other DC07 has a plastic casing with the filter within it (a bit like the side filter).

Is this what the Origins use or is it just a cheap filter replacement they've used :lol:

A bit of advice required, I just purchased a DC07 origin (refurbished). Just had a look at the filter under the bin and its a pad. My other DC07 has a plastic casing with the filter within it (a bit like the side filter).

Is this what the Origins use or is it just a cheap filter replacement they've used :lol:

SEE

Its a a cheap filter replacement they've used :lol:

you could have purchsed a new cable for £10 and fitted it in 10 min .. real easy or theres chock blocks lol Joke !!!!

I actually had the DC07 origin on order before I cut through the cable. I decided to replace my old DC-07 as every part is failing, even replaced the motor last month, now needs a new hose, wand, front panel, brush and cable. If anyones interested in a project let me know.

Edited by myuserid

I actually had the DC07 origin on order before I cut through the cable. I decided to replace my old DC-07 as every part is failing, even replaced the motor last month, now needs a new hose, wand, front panel, brush and cable. If anyones interested in a project let me know.

If your old DC-07 has fallen to bits, why are you buying another?

Buy a Miele. They don't fall to bits and will just about suck the floorboards up.

If your old DC-07 has fallen to bits, why are you buying another?

Buy a Miele. They don't fall to bits and will just about suck the floorboards up.

The other dc07 is about 7-8 years old and has had a really rough life, in the office, storage units traveling in the work vans etc. Its been excellent and is probably one of the best vacuums we've had. My sister has a miele and its a waste of space, good for keeping doors open though!

Guest The Outlaw

I have had Dyson stuff and have found thier after care service is great, my mate has had his washing machine since new and is has packed up a few times bearing in mind it is 7 or so years old, he rings the Dyson agent and they come out and repair it FOC every time.

Have you tried to contact them about the old one falling apart?

You might be suprised what they say.

Tony

I have had Dyson stuff and have found thier after care service is great, my mate has had his washing machine since new and is has packed up a few times bearing in mind it is 7 or so years old, he rings the Dyson agent and they come out and repair it FOC every time.

Have you tried to contact them about the old one falling apart?

You might be suprised what they say.

Tony

No, parts are so cheap I've repaired it myself several times (probably void any repairs by dyson). Thats the other bonus with dysons, easy to repair and spares are cheap.