Need help choosing a Air rifle

cupra_matt

Hi everyone.

I am new to the airgun scene, although i did have a RWS Rapier about 5 years ago. I fancy getting back into it again but i need to choose the correct rifle. It needs to be multishot, and also upgradable power as i may go for my FAC.

I have read a little about them and found the Airarms S410 and Theoben Rapid MK2 to be popular.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, i would like to buy second hand and i have around £450 to play with.

Thanks for your time

Regards

Matt

Hi everyone.

I am new to the airgun scene, although i did have a RWS Rapier about 5 years ago. I fancy getting back into it again but i need to choose the correct rifle. It needs to be multishot, and also upgradable power as i may go for my FAC.

I have read a little about them and found the Airarms S410 and Theoben Rapid MK2 to be popular.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, i would like to buy second hand and i have around £450 to play with.

Thanks for your time

Regards

Matt

If you are seriously considering going to FAC at some point i would be thinking two different rifles needed. You'll find a nice s410 for the budget you have and could get nicely set up. But converting a 12ft/lb to FAC isn't worth it. You'll lose alot of the value as the FAC's are much much chepaer second hand. Air Arms also don't convert a legal limit to FAC. Buy a nice 12lb now and if you do want to go to FAC sell and do it that way. I only have experience with air arms when it comes to multi shot and i love them.

Gibby

Thanks for the reply.

I really like the look of the S410. I remeber looking at them back when i had my RWS but i just couldn't afford one then as i was only 18. But now i have the opppertunity to get back into it.

Think i will keep my eye out for one, or if anyone can point in the direction of someone selling one that would be great.

Edited by cupra_matt