Gone ,Over night !

POW!

Well , "Just like that" !!! , There have been a great flock of pigeon, feeding on the late Maize harvest stubble for a few weeks now ,

While the weather was cold they roosted in the nearby woods , and I have been out Daily , Only shooting a handfull or so at a time , [ to give away to friends] , the enjoymeny factor has been good ,

Gone are my days of "Slaughter" , After years shooting here I know how to maintain "Steady Shooting" But , This morning Mild weather here , I was out at dawn [ 7 ish] :oops: .

First I notice few birds coming from the roost woods , those that are head over the Maize stubble and on towards the rape fields , SO , off I set , expecting to see hundreds feeding ,

Not so , a dozen at most , Up they get , one overhead , I fire , missed !! ,

An hour later nothing , Home for a brew n some toast , >> PIGEON SHOOTING !!! , dont you love it?? .

Be interesting to see if they return in numbers to the roost woods this evening , >>> Pigeon shooting !! , No one knows it all !!!! [ or ever will ] POW!.

PS , looking out the cottage window now as I type , only a few around !! PIGEONS!! . :lol::hmm:;)