Logun S-16

Ratty_Blaster

I have just decided to make an investmen and get a pcp. I have read alot about the s-16 and it looks to be a good rifle. Now that the new shrouded version is out the price of the mk 1 is falling and i was thinking about buying one.

Does anyone have one, if so what is it like to shoot, any problems with it, is it worth the money or would i be better buying somthing else. Please post ideas or email me on geetaris@gmail.com.

Thanks very much

Also considering the aa s200 let me know wat you think

I think if you do a search you will find that alot of people have had problems with the S16.

Having never owned one i cant realy advise you, i have heard that some were prone to jamming problems.

Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong but i think Logun offer a lifetime warranty with it. So even if it does go t*ts up then you have that to fall back on.

Im pretty sure they are bulit in Eastern Europe and are not manufactued by FX of Sweden, FX are responsible for the manufacture of most of Loguns Rifle range.

I dare say that if you get a good one it will be more accurate than you can ever be and you will love it. I will say though that the S16 has cropped up on this and other forums more than any rifle i can remember. People are forever asking if they are any good or telling us they have a problem with it.

I remember JSR did a good offer on the old s16 kit a while back. Id be tempted to go for a second hand one as any problems are likley to have been ironed out by the original owner

This is why i wanted to check because i heard that some have leaky bottles and some others have jamming problems. Although their aftersales is supposed to be pretty good so there is always that to fall back on.

if anyone has owned one or does own one could you tell me wat you think of it and how well it performs.

Faulty valves / leaking bottles just not good enough for the market i say!! If you want a S16 then get the MK2 but be warned there are still a FEW reports but not as many of failures but the major part of reports on the MK2 is user error with the bolt (not locking it down propperly) if you want a GOOD take down try the Air arms TDR about £200 more expensive then the MK1 S16 but in my eyes worth EVERY penny. And failing that you may want to see if you know anyone with a Gunpower Stealth you can have a go of. They are quite versatile rifles and i have NEVER had a hinkling of bother with mine. You can do so much to them and they are sooooo simple to MOD and repair if the need ever comes. I have taken rabbits as far as 65 yards with a mates. Then i bought mine and i really never got out with it much but managed to skull cap a few bunnies out to the 40 yard mark no problem either. Try the TDR first and if you can!!!! Have a look at the stealth as it's NOT everyones cup of tea really but it's a belter for me.

Zeb

I have a .22 gunpower stealth. Accuracy is fair enough to drop rabbits at about 45 yards. POwer is full 12flb. Nice n easy to break down into a rucksack or the laptop bag. My honest opinion though even though i have a Stealth IS!!!!!

If you have the £500 try and find a used Airarms TDR or save a few quid more and buy a new one. You can't fault them. Spot on accurate and power and you even get a class look with the wood parts. Now combine that over time with brass replacement parts and that is one BEAUTIFUL rifle. I am after one myself but have to wait to sell the car first.

Zeb

Change of plan guys my budget has decreased i can only afford a gun up to a max of £350.

So i these are the ones i have seen and if anyone could give me some info about the guns and which is best that would be great.

Gunpower Stealth

AA s200

Loguns-16

wat are peoples views please help me.

Thanks

Stealth

Big bag of poo out of the box. Can be made to work ok if you have the skills and money. Kids cap guns have better triggers.

S200

Decent gun. Very accurate. Dripping with plastic parts - bolt, trigger, filler cap, forend support etc. If you can live with the plastic they're very good providing they fit you as they are physically small. Do tend to break cocking pins as they're rolled steel. Repair is cheap though.

S16

Worst gun in the world. Every Mk1 has to go back several times because of jams and leaks. Very long reach designed for a gibbon. Not a great trigger either. Rubber coating snags on clothing. Even at the discounted prices they are not worth owning as it'll spend more time at Simmons that in the field.

For the money you have get either a S400 or a Hornet. Either one is excellent with a good trigger. The S400 is extremely popular but I rate the Hornet higher as it's regged and has a better trigger and blueing for less money.