vermin shooting wanted

Hi everyone found this site and must say impressed spent hours looking through the pics and threads .. I am living in Grimsby and looking for some shooting ground / or go with someone always good to go with some one else gets to meet new people too .. at the min i have no land to shoot on believe me i have tried spent last few weeks going around farms and everything and no joy just get alot of "we already got people" even tho a few did take my number ! so fingers crossed .. So at the min i dont have anything to offer back other than free taxis if live local as im a taxi driver .. or even some days out fishing for carp or fly fishing as i do both . so if anyone got any land anywhere within 80 miles of me and wouldnt mind me tagging along will be more than welcome taking you fishing etc i got the camping stove etc so coffee always avalible lol many thanks Ryan ohhhh only use air rifle at the min cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, mate, sorry not good news for you! As you can see i am down the road in S****horpe. Me & 3 other lads, all hoping to get permissions within 30 miles of here. every farm within 20 mile radius we have visited, singulary and in pairs. Unfortunatly it's always the same story they say we are only the farm managers, we don't own the farm and i doubt the landowner would let you shoot here.

So as you can see, its an uphill struggle. i gave up the air rifle hunting over 10 years ago, due to a lack of places to shoot. have just decided to give it another go with 3 work colleages (all in to air rifles) but i think the same thing may happen-get fed up with not a hope in 'ell of getting a permission.

I think it is hilarious that both you & i live in north lincolnshire, the greenest part of this country, surrounded by rabbits, when you take the dog for a walk on unused land, yet you can't go and shoot there!

i have had B.A.S.A insurance, paid for it TWICE, yet even showing the insurance certificate to the people at the farms did no good. Waste of money so far.

It's just going to be a hard slog my friend, some people on the forums get lucky, but it is a dwindling sport, how many guys on here are begging for somewhere to shoot! theres thousands and thousands of us all over the u.k. trying to get a couple of rough pieces of land, i probably sound hostile, but am not-i just feel so frustrated after all the knockbacks. anyway, i wish you luck, if you want to add me as a friend, if i/friends get permission-will contact you, but be patient-hope you will do likewise for us singulary or pair of us etc.

Good luck to you guys, with the lighter nights have a look for spots that are getting hit by rabbits and chances are you'll bump into the farmer / landowner and offer your services. Alternatively pop a few rats in his outbuildings etc, try garden centres / golf clubs.

persevere and you will get somewhere :oops:

Harv, thanks for the tips mate. Obviously I/we are very keen. Rabbits is the favourite quarry for us, however pigeons,Rats,Grey Squirrels are all good alternatives-we are open to all offers! The golf courses, tried 2 and the Green Keepers-did not seem keen at all-said he would put it before the commitee members, other said no outright.

will keep trying, though! (old shooters never die, they just get older & more grumpy!)

Pro tom1 is newest post, now. will p.m you in a minute. you're a star my friend!

yea i get to go every so often with a m8 of mine is skegness but he aint really in to his shooting so if we dont see out in a hour he wants to go home lol(pain in the ***) i could sit out all day better than been at home

Patience, patience & more patience! Still at least you get to go shooting Ryan, Your Friend may not be an ideal Shooting Buddy, but at least he takes you with him. so something is better than nothing.Hopefuly one day very soon, someone will offer you somewhere better & that someone may be a little more enthusiastic. Door knocking & the knock-back's havent changed in the 10 years or so since i gave it up since last time...However, there are very helpful people on here.

I honestly hope something comes up, i dont want to give up shooting again-i have to try hard because me and my 3 mates (who all work together at the same place) want to do this as a foursome, with that kind of group, no vermin problem would be too big, and even if one of us was sick/holiday etc there would still be enough of us to keep things under control on the land we would have permission for. we want to build an outstanding reputation for our group in this part of the county, so we get plenty of recommendations. This would allow us to draft in other people from the area, who can be trusted-then we can get them places to shoot, this will help keep a good balance.

will definatly contact you Ryan, if/when we have good news for you. keep your chin up.

• 1 month later...