Lamp

Birdboy

Im looking to buy a lamp for the HMR & .22lr. I dont think i need to ask which brand as its been asked a few times.

Im planning to buy a Lightforce 140 or maybe the 170 ready for my .223 when i get it.

Am i right in thinking that the price of around £60-90 excludes the battery ? Im assuming it needs a battery pack, or is it a rechargable unit ? If i need a bettery pack, can you recommend somewhere to buy it ?

Thanks

If you're going to get a .223, I suggest you buy a Striker 170 with a dimmer on it. They come with a 75W bulb as standard, but you could replace this with a 50W bulb which I think would do fine for the rimfires and have your battery last longer. You can use any 12volt sealed lead acid rechargeable battery. I've got a 17amp and a 20 amp, used to have a 14amp but I have my lamp on all the time I'm out so bigger is better for me. Deben sell an 800m/a charger that stops charging when the battery is full, I've two and like them a lot. I think Webber on here does Yuasa batteries, worth a PM <_<

Thanks for the advice John. Ive attached a link, and there is a long list of battery packs. Which one would you recommend for the Stiker 170. How many hours of light will it give ?

Thanks

Roughly....

watts ............ 7ah 10ah 14ah 17ah 20ah

30 ............ ... 90 135 180 230 270 mins

55 ............ ... 50 75 125 135 160

100 .............. 30 50 60 80 100

Hope this helps, remember the max bulb recommended in the 140 is 55w!

Rgds D2D

PS for some reason this has not appeared how I drafted it??

Edited by dusk2dawn