BSA Scorpion T10

johnbmwx6

Hi from what i have read the scorpion t10 is an excellent rifle. I have handled one but have not actualy shot one. The stock being synthetic offers comfort as well as reduced weight over more traditional weighty woods/lamenate stocks. (Im actualy considering buying a t10 my self.) The hw silencer is good noise reduction is so good that when using hw 100 rifle on which this silencer is mounted as standard i used 2 have 2 double check that id fired the rifle when target shooting. The only thing that i found as a handleing problem was the location of the safety catch it seemed to me a little 2 close 2 the bolt.

Edited by gamebag

Hi, I have a T10, have had it about 6months. Not had any problems with it, other than pellets clipping the end of the silencer (caused by a rubber washer on the end of the barrel, was fine when this was removed). Mine was a bit fussy with which pellets it liked, but once I found some it does like, it can put all 10 pellets in a group about the size of a 5p coin at about 30-35yds. With the silencer I got with it (cant remember make) it really is quite quiet. Also quite loud without it. Only thing about it as has been said in previous post, is that the saftey is a bit awkward, and i find when I put it on I do have to move the bolt handle up slightly.

Hi,

I use Bisley Magnums, only ones i found the grouped together (not sure which 4.5xxmm they are, will have a look when im home). I tried quite a few other makes which I found all did what you described. If you have a silencer fitted to it have you removed the rubber washer from the end of the barrel before attaching the silencer? As I found some of my pellets had been clipping the end of the silencer, as it wouldnt mount straight with the washer on.

Ryan.

Hi,

I use Bisley Magnums, only ones i found the grouped together (not sure which 4.5xxmm they are, will have a look when im home). I tried quite a few other makes which I found all did what you described. If you have a silencer fitted to it have you removed the rubber washer from the end of the barrel before attaching the silencer? As I found some of my pellets had been clipping the end of the silencer, as it wouldnt mount straight with the washer on.

Ryan.

Hi Ryan, I have not had to remove anything from the end of the barrel, I have the Weihrauch Moderator fitted and it's fine and very quiet. I will try some different pellets Bisley Magnums first up. :D

Try a company called pellpax they do a sort of cross section of pellets in a test pack. This will be probably be cheaper on u than having 2 buy 5+ different tins of pellets for loads of cash, when u can

Spend less cash on (I think its 20 pellet makes could be less) on a cross section of pellets.

I think its about 10 pellets per pack of each make enough 2 make a decent test group. which should be more than plenty to find out which brands & weight ur rifle likes.