Help getting my first permission

jack_m

Hi,

Well i'm getting better on the clays and want to start looking to get some permission. I've read up quite a bit on pigeon shooting in terms of decoying etc, but still think I need to learn a bit more before I go looking for some permission. Anybody know of any good books or other resources, specifically I could do with learning about different crops as I know nothing about them!

Cheers for any help

Jack

Hi,

Well i'm getting better on the clays and want to start looking to get some permission. I've read up quite a bit on pigeon shooting in terms of decoying etc, but still think I need to learn a bit more before I go looking for some permission. Anybody know of any good books or other resources, specifically I could do with learning about different crops as I know nothing about them!

Cheers for any help

Jack

i found these books worthwhile ;

John Batley - the pigeon shooter

John Humphreys - shooting wood pigeon

Archie coats -shooting wood pigeons (a bit outdated - but still some sound advice)

but you cant beat some practical experience ; try and get out with someone who already shoots pigeons , if you are still looking in early sept and dont mind a drive over to Notts - give me a PM and you can come out with me - i'm no expert, but have learnt a fair bit through trial and (lots of!) error :good:

i found these books worthwhile ;

John Batley - the pigeon shooter

John Humphreys - shooting wood pigeon

Archie coats -shooting wood pigeons (a bit outdated - but still some sound advice)

but you cant beat some practical experience ; try and get out with someone who already shoots pigeons , if you are still looking in early sept and dont mind a drive over to Notts - give me a PM and you can come out with me - i'm no expert, but have learnt a fair bit through trial and (lots of!) error :good:

Cheers mate,I'll check out those books

And I might take you up on that offer if its still ok at the time, but obviously I'll talk to you about it a bit nearer the time! Hopefully get a bit more involved on here as well so I'll learn a bit more!

Cheers pegasus bridge