Shotgun Patterns

Browning

Does anyone know what the ideal pattern placement should be for a sporting shotgun ?

I patterned my new 682 on Sunday and at 20 yards (Thats the distance I was told

it should be patterned at) the pattern spread was 2/3 below & 1/3 above target.

I'm not one for fiddling with things, but seeing as it has an adjustable stock it would be easy to raise/lower the comb if the pattern placement is not ideal.

This one is a tricky one as its all down to how much rib you see. I have a browning 425 sporter 30" which has 2 pips on the rib . I see them as a close figure of eight , I can shoot clays seeing 9" under the clay at 20 yrds and dust them. This way if the clay or bird are rising then I can close the gap and still see the bird . If anything 2/3 above 1/3 below . As I say everyone is different and how your gun fits . I would go to a gun shop and get the gun fitted , they are brillent .

Good luck :lol:

What you should do when you learn to shoot is first learn to mount the gun in the same way and get the same sight picture every time. the perfect sight picture can easily be acheived mount gun hed on stock place a £1 coin on the rear of the rib then float the bead onb top of the coin. Remove the coin and what you are now looking at is the perfect sight picture. your patern should shoot roughly 1/3 below and 2/3 above the POA.

Dave