Wildfolwing in cambridge fens

hi mate Gedney wildfowlers might be taking people on, there marsh is at sutton bridge on the lincs/cambs/norfolk boarder, 14 miles of marsh and you can shoot on sundays as it in lincs, pm me if you want a contact for them or if you have BASC insurence i can take you out there on a day ticket i think a day ticket is £5, for the year £110.

• 3 weeks later...

Ely and District cost £165 in the first year of joining. £10 deposit, £60 to cover BASC membership and WHT stamp and £95 membership fee.

They have 8 washes to go on in your first year with another that you are allowed to go on from the second year onwards. The reason for this is that it is leased from the RSPB (Now thats a turn up for the books, the RSPB allowing shooting of Birds).

I had my Marsh walk(s) with them last week, a few look the same along a certain stretch, but working up that way I can know only to well the amount of birds that get up there, hence me joining this year. One is like a field with a flight pond in it, another has a permanently wet lagoon which I'm told holds Geese throughout season as well as duck, plus rivers run along all to the marsh boundaries, with one of them being tidal.

I attended an induction evening a few months ago during which I took a quarry recognition test (30 picture slides shown, state protected or not), a multiple choice test (deals with common sense issues that arise whilst wildfowling), and then an interview/chat with two committee members. (Nothing to worry about as they just want to make sure that you have an idea of what its all about and to answer any questions you might have.

I've found all the committee and general members I have met to be very friendly and knowledgable and easy to talk to. They will have a stall at the Stow *** Quy game fair tomorrow and Monday, pop in and have a chat with them. If your not sure whether its for you ask them politely if there was any chance of getting out as a guest to see if its something you fancy taking on.

Gedney has a very good reputation, from those I have spoken to about the club and from what I have read, but otherwise don't know anyone actually in it.

Whatever, give it a go you won't be disappointed.

SS