Berlingo problem

tikka.223

My 2003 Berlingo 1.9D has developed an engine knock/rattle,the noise happens when accelerating at around 1500 rpm and clears at slightly over 2000rpm and sometimes on idle but clears within 5-10 seconds.

Sticking injector ?

So far I have tried the following

Drained off the fuel incase the was water in it but this was fine.

Slackened the union nut at the top of each injector but each one caused the car to run rough.

Today I took of the EGR valve and it was full of carp,so I took off the inlet manifold(the plastic one) and it was full of carp aswell.Cleaned both out with petrol and allowed to dry then refitted,but the problem is still there.

Also changed the oil,oil filter and fuel filter today aswell.

Could the timming belt have slipped a tooth.

Any advice welcome

Edited by tikka.223

Yep I got it been citroen main dealer for 22 years it will be either water in the needle lift sensor connector or the advance solenoid in the base of the pump the first one is cheap the second one about 180 quid from euros

hth Jim

Cheers for your reply,where is the needle lift sensor connector located?

Oh yea that would help lol looking at your engine look to the drivers side of the fuel filter you should find a bracket bolted to the thermostat housing there you will find a 2 pin brown connector have a look for water if there is none still worth spraying some wd 40 in there and working the connector on and off a few times.I have known them just to be a dry joint

I hope this cures your problem

atb Jim

Oh yea that would help lol looking at your engine look to the drivers side of the fuel filter you should find a bracket bolted to the thermostat housing there you will find a 2 pin brown connector have a look for water if there is none still worth spraying some wd 40 in there and working the connector on and off a few times.I have known them just to be a dry joint

I hope this cures your problem

atb Jim

Jim thanks a lot problem is now temporarily fixed,turns out one of the two wires in the plug had broke.

The wire had broke about 5mm outside the plug,can spare plugs be bought through dealer or is a breakers my best bet?

Jim thanks a lot problem is now temporarily fixed,turns out one of the two wires in the plug had broke.

The wire had broke about 5mm outside the plug,can spare plugs be bought through dealer or is a breakers my best bet?

tbh mate I would just hard wire it take the connector out of the equastion

glad to be of assistance

atb Jim