The FAT LADY Sings ?

GADWALL41

I mostly use short neoprene boots and a pair of gortex leggings with straps round the ankles, I use a back pack and carry as little as possible in fact all I carry is a piece of camping bed roll to sit on a compass and a cleaning rod, I only ever carry 12 cartridges in my pocket and work on the principle that if I get 12 shot I really sould have enough birds and if I haven't then I really should stop and go home.

Good Stuff lads !,

I feel better already .. .

I usually sit on my Home made game bag , a chest wader net bag with a backing of max 3 waterproof camo material stitched on , bought on e bay , Very light .

I also made a Gun slip out of it and that rolls up nice and slim and if I do get something for the game bag , I sit on that .

AH , NOW I KNOW WHY ALL MY CARTS ARE GOING RUSTY ! , bringing too many and not using them , lol.

I'm the wrong side of 75 and still fowling. I have never liked mob handed fowling so still go on my own most of the time. This is mostly around the Norfolk Broads area and on the smaller East Anglian estuaries. Still get on the sea marshes proper occasionally when one of my younger mates will come and keep an eye on my old carcass.

Had to adapt things a bit though. Like Graham I use an ex army Bergen rucksack. They are perfect for the job. I use a 26" Benelli with Paternmaster chokes to tighten it up. Very light. Head torch by Clueson - The best on the market I believe. Rarely take a hide - maybe a net and a couple of poles to go with my wading stick - mainly just the net to lay over me and the dog. Decoys are silosocks whenever practical - lightest on the market.

Don't carry anything if I can help it - I have a two wheeled trolley that I pull. All my gear goes in it - wide wheeled so it doesn't bog in and it will float if not overloaded. Main piece of equipment is a modified shooting stick. Wide diameter base plate attached to the one that was already on it so it's OK in the mud. Find it hard to get up to shoot from a lying position these days - takes too long.

Have joined two slightly inland clubs that have land that is easier to access.

Yes I'd rather be out on the saltwater marshes any day but I'm still getting out - That's the main thing.

Oh, I also carry two mobile phones - one in pocket and one in rucksack and a GPS so I can tell the Air Ambulance pilot the exact co-ordinates when I have that heart attack. (And two orange dayglow strips). Then I have a check in system with the Memsahib and she has a couple of numbers to phone to alert help if I don't check in. She always knows the area I am going to.

Wont give up until I really have to. Still suffer from Goose Fever at the start of every season.

Hat off to you, a credit to our sport