.22 HW95 SFS Banshee Advice

jeffjjack

Afternoon all,

Require a bit of advice on a SFS banshee that I have acquired.

I have only just got into the airgun world having mainly used shotties and although I have owned the gun for a few years I have never really used it (except for the odd back garden plink).

I have been using it more and more for vermin work but have been experiencing accuracy issues. These issues have only just come to light since using the gun more.

I have no way of knowing how old the gun is or how much it has been used. Bought it from a mate who got it handed to him from his late father in law.

Everything appears tight and in good order

I have predominantly been using vermipells but have since tried 5 different flavours and can only achieve 3 inch groups at 30m

Cleaning the barrel made thing much worse and I am now in the process of leading the barrel back ... barrel bore looks clean tho.

The gun is fitted with a 4-9 x 40 white tail classic(but will be swapping this out due to it no being mil dot)

Would you advise having it serviced due to not knowing the history?

Would SFS need to do the servicing?

Is there anything else I could do (servcing cleaning etc)?

Thanks

Jeff

I would speak to SFS they are very helpful, have you checked the pellets are not clipping the silencer ?

What pellets are you using , they can make the world of difference , as you have noticed cleaning the barrel often makes things worse , if its been played with or over lubricated it could also be dieseling which will send pellets everywhere.

Try some H&N FTT pellets but its worth getting it serviced any way over at SFS, they are excellent and I wouldn’t let anyone else touch my springer!

Worth the money spent as there products are very good and it sounds like accuracy issues or not a service would do it good. Am sure it wouldn’t take much before it was back on target. Also learning to shoot a springer is a whole different thing to PCP air rifles, shotguns and rifles, well worth reading up on it especially from John Darling and Terry Doe.

ATB

Matt

Thanks for the replies.

I think I'll give them a call.

I only noticed as I was missing so much in the field. As it is a springer I try to ensure correct and consistent hold both in the field and zeroing. Zeroing and group tests all done resting forend on loose rest and lightly holding with the trigger hand whilst the other hand holds the heel

So far tried

Falcon Accuracy Plus 13.43gn 5.52mm

H&N Field Target Trophy 14.66gn 5.53mm

Weihrauch Field & Target Special 15.00gn 5.52mm

JSB Exact Diablo 15.89gn 5.53mm

Prometheus Defiant Medium 14.00gn 5.50mm

With the best results being from the falcon accuracy or the Prometheus ( which I have noticed are the lighter of the group)

I would rest it on nothing but your hand , rest your left arm on something like a cushion , hold the forend lightly with your left ( assuming your right handed) hand .

Also as I mentioned earlier if it has the silencer fitted then try and see how it groups without .