Euroguns near Doncaster-A review.

verminhater

Myself & two friends (shooting Buddies) went to Euroguns, today with the intention of joining their Air-Rifle Club, as members if we liked it enough.

We needed somewhere within a reasonable distance to home, Euroguns is about a 40 minute drive from Burton Upon Stather, where one of us lives.

Euroguns is out in the middle of nowhere (which is good)

Euroguns Website is professional & tempted us enough to visit them.

We arrived, had a quick look around. Then went & got our “Day Ticket’s†from the Air-Gun shop (£5).

We then had a more thorough look around the site, the layout of the inside was well presented & well stocked with most things you could want to buy.

The range of goods for sale was truly vast & impressed us 3.

The range of Firearms was immense; it’s a very well stocked shop!

As for the indoor 10-metre range upstairs it was handy when it rained!

The outdoor range was set out at one end of a small pond (plinking Range)-

The plinking range was entertaining twice-whilst we were there.

There was a clay shooting area, but I don’t have a Firearms Licence-so have only ever fired legal powered Air Guns. So have no idea how much fun Clay can be.

The main thing we were excited about was to be the HFT, range as it is referred to on their Website. We were under the impression (from forums) that a HFT was kind of like a trail you follow, through a wooded type of area, coming across metal targets situated in trees, dotted about all over the place, and you work your way round the course 2/3 hours?

We were very disappointed that the HFT range was basically 15 lanes/stop-offs laid out in an L-shape along 2 sides of what appeared to be a grazing paddock/field. Sorry! But that’s what it seemed to be to us.

There was a lot of land/Acres to the place, so maybe they should think about improving the HFT course soon.

Did we join the Air-Gun Club after the day? No, not one of us.

However we agreed we might go back again a couple of times this year, only on the day ticket though.

The buildings housing the Foyer, Café & shop were very well done though, so credit where it’s due. I’d give it (personally) 6/10 and if they made a bit more effort with the HFT course, I’d give it 8/10.

Conclusion has good & bad points, but I would recommend a day there.

Ps, it could possibly be made one of the best Air Rifle Clubs in the Country-

If they put a few more ranges in there, & they have been established 25 years now.

Speculate to accumulate! (More things to do will mean more members.)

http://www.euroguns.co.uk/

No you cannot use Firearms there yet, well yes, shotguns you can for the clay shoot-but as for rimfire-centrefire, then NO! Had a good chat with the guy there in the Shotgun/rifle section think his name is Frank?, he's very helpful though-he answered a few questions like that for me.

Hope that clears that up then.

I asked Euroguns once to send me pics of an Air-rifle they had for sale on their website.They agreed, but guess what-i never got any pics at all!I rung them up to ask them why they had`nt sent them and was told they never had my email address,(although they had my phone number,and could`nt be bothered to ring me)- after i told them my email address over the phone in the first place!! :drinks: From now on i`m certainly not going to chase up people who don`t care bout their customers!They won`t be having my hard earned cash!!!!!!

:D They are a little high priced in the shop,but you get GOOD quality goods from them My guns have come from there and no trouble with that dept. You can shoot clays there if you want and the stock is good As a Gun shop OK. ..And yes I am in the locality (Rotherham) about 12 miles away from them but DO think they are good.vast stock too. and as said located out in the wilds near Branston Doncaster. Have a visit why not ? :lol: