HW90 GAS RAM

birdman99

As some of you may know from talking to me on other posts i have just bought a german hw90 i am not sure if it is up to its maxium power and wundered if anyone has the means to give it a air pres test for me.Havent got the cash to buy one so this is the only way i can think of untill i start working again.

Im a substance and alchol worker so i work in different projects,the one ive just left i was there five years so ive had a good run at that,just thought id tell ye abit about what i do,you might need me to dry you out one day,ha,ha.

If you dont know anyone with a chrono, have a word with your local gun shop.

I also have a HW90 which was slowly losing pressure and they tested it on a chrono, left it a few weeks and tested it again proving that it was in fact losing pressure. Any good gun shop should do this free of charge with a view to doing any required repairs.

Mine needed a good service but as there was a query over the gas ram it was sent to 'Hull Cartridge'

repairs cost £90.

hope this helps

Hi there, I have an HW 90 too, and a Theoben pump...and have been told by the guns previous owner, a mate who has an FAC, and does pest control, that from empty, each pump puts 1lb pressure into the gun....so...count the pumps, and get yer poundage...tho...according to him, a chronograph is obviously the best way to go....

Edited by Norrie

can you not pump them up? i thought i heard you can shoot air into them somehow to make them more powerful? i was hoping to do it to mine on day!

you can tune them yourself but you must have a chrono so that you dont go over 12ft/lbs

(assuming you dont have an FAC with suitable slot)

theoben do the pump and hose for about £80 but a gunsmith will tune it for you for about £20, and once done it will not lose power. (as long as its in good condition that is)

so save yourself £60 and possible prosecution. get it done by a gunsmith