sheffield shooting partners

goggleslee

hi all,

i live in sheffield and im fairly new to hunting. I own a Falcon fn19 multishoot and i go out with a friend who's been shooting a while and really enjoy it. We are looking to meet up with people in the area for a shoot. At the minute we are only allowed to shoot at The Mill and would like to shoot out in the country side but are unsure of where to go. We have a few places we may be able to shoot, but nothing is set in stone just yet. Any ideas would be fantastic!!! :yes:

many thanks!

Lee

hi all,

i live in sheffield and im fairly new to hunting. I own a Falcon fn19 multishoot and i go out with a friend who's been shooting a while and really enjoy it. We are looking to meet up with people in the area for a shoot. At the minute we are only allowed to shoot at The Mill and would like to shoot out in the country side but are unsure of where to go. We have a few places we may be able to shoot, but nothing is set in stone just yet. Any ideas would be fantastic!!! :)

many thanks!

Lee

Welcome Lee :lol: I don't think there is any short cut to politely knocking on the doors of farmers or other landowners (golf clubs etc). You will get LOTS of knock backs which can be disheartening, but eventually if you're persitent, it will come good.

Use the search facility as there are loads of excellent threads on here giving advice on gaining permission to shoot. What to wear, what to say, when to go etc.

Good luck in your search.

Alright chap, I'm an avid air rifle hunter myself (bsa s10) also based in Sheffield but have recently lost my shooting partner to another country. I'm always on the lookout for new shooting permissions so if I hear of anything I will be sure to let you know :lol:

thanks alot mate il do the same for you if i hear any thing cheers

Welcome Lee B) I don't think there is any short cut to politely knocking on the doors of farmers or other landowners (golf clubs etc). You will get LOTS of knock backs which can be disheartening, but eventually if you're persitent, it will come good.

Use the search facility as there are loads of excellent threads on here giving advice on gaining permission to shoot. What to wear, what to say, when to go etc.

Good luck in your search.

thanks for replying buddy sounds like a plan il pop out tomorrow and see if i get any luck :) i know il feel cheekytho knocking on peoples doors asking for permission but "if u dont ask, you dont get" as the saying go's. cheers lee