NPPC

foghorn

• 2 weeks later...

with the amount of pigeons hammering the rape at the moment i would take my chances at asking around the farms before spending over a hundred pounds on something which requires a lot of driving about if none of the fields are in your area. Why travel when the birds might be on your doorstep some farmers will be desperate to get rid of pigeons at the moment and if regular guns are not turning up as they sometimes promise the door will be open to all comers i would think. I refuse to pay for pigeon shooting there is plenty of free shooting about you just have to be in the right place at the right time and now in my opinion is the time

with the amount of pigeons hammering the rape at the moment i would take my chances at asking around the farms before spending over a hundred pounds on something which requires a lot of driving about if none of the fields are in your area. Why travel when the birds might be on your doorstep some farmers will be desperate to get rid of pigeons at the moment and if regular guns are not turning up as they sometimes promise the door will be open to all comers i would think. I refuse to pay for pigeon shooting there is plenty of free shooting about you just have to be in the right place at the right time and now in my opinion is the time

Fair point Fella :blink: each to their own just saves time the farms are prebooked and of you goes also you meet like minded people who are willing to help beauty of been in a club :good: also other pests can be shot excellant value in my opinion <_<

Fair point Fella :blink: each to their own just saves time the farms are prebooked and of you goes also you meet like minded people who are willing to help beauty of been in a club :good: also other pests can be shot excellant value in my opinion <_<

only problem with the shooting other pests is the rules state you may only shoot from your hide. Once you get a bit of permission somewhere no matter how hard it was to get it if you keep the farmer happy you will be rewarded not only with hopefully excellent shooting but many other permissions by word of mouth from the farmer you are keeping happy by protecting his crops,all my permission has been by word of mouth farmers dont just talk about how crops are doing, they talk about who is helping them out. Get your first permission if you do a good consistent job the rest will follow believe me ! I shoot regularly on land which NPPC was meant to protect because i asked the farmer when the field was getting hammered by pigeons, this has got to be the best time to ask, i have shot on his land ever since and never clashed with anyone from NPPC This makes me wonder whats going on if anything ?