Long nets.

rushy lad

I have just been speaking to Brian Brinded of longnet fame and he quoted £200 for his quickset system which would be ideal for me, His standard nets are very good I hear but after speaking at length to him his advice was to go for the fool proof system. He said it will take up to 5 years to master the art of a normal longnet and will need two people to set it.

Anyone any advice on this? I know plenty of people who have worked longnets alone without too much bother. :huh:

hi the quik set nets from bri are great the problem i found with the "old"nets is that

most the time you have to (if on your own is to cover the ground twice hence loss of bunnies with the quick you take one pass and job done you can set the bagging to your like arr now one problem if u do not clean out you net when picking up after each set you will have snags glore i have 2x200m nets and also dicth net(great bit of kit) and a 110m net all of wicth have come from bri,,

at first i was very stuck with the old sistem (?) but now after 7 yrs i am hooked on the quick set and the results are up by at least 5 fold

it does take a bit a pratice to get used to but we use ours at night in day and infact bar a dozen or so purse nets the long net is all we need,, i guess the point im trying to make is yes get one and see they are great,,,,,,well done bri

ok ok yes a very good friend but what a way intresting story of how the quick set came to be as well

shore_shot

is that for the 6z net

if i was you rushy i would get one i have 2 quicksetnets. from brin and they have been invaluable tools for my ferreting and longnetting. but i must admit i do prefer to use my traditional hemp nets theres something about pegging these nets out that make you feel part of the old school

Where I live I am surrounded by open playing fields/sport fields and then farm land and the rabbits are all over the place,scratching up the pitches etc and driving the groundsmen wild. My terriers have nailed a few but I have to be careful as some of the neighbours love them and even put food out for them!

So I think a longnet would be ideal here,but I need to get it right first time as they are very nervous and it doesn,t help with them being lampshy. I guess once they are spooked by a bodged up netting job it will be that much harder to get them. :huh: