.410 cartridge stuck in chamber

fortune82

Whilst shooting yesterday I decided to give the sxs .410 a go on a drive that only holds woodcock, snipe and the odd partridge. I fired a few cartridges and accounted for a couple of birds then a snipe appeared which I killed with my first barrel. When I opened the gun the cartridge would not eject. The head of the cartridge was slightly deformed and there was a lot of soot on the breech face. The cartridge took some shifting with a cleaning rod down the barrel. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced it?

The gun is a sxs 65mm chamber in good condition. The cartridge was a gamebore 65mm 11 gram no.6. I have measured it to make sure it isnt 76mm which it is not.

Thanks for any help!

I have had that twice on my browning, I think its when the ejector catches a bit of brass or plastic as you close the gun :rolleyes: Although the carts werent deformed just a bit stuck :lol:

Edit - I didn't need to use a rod, I just opened and closed the gun a couple of times and it loosened enough to pull it out

Edited by Tobyb525