.204 Dies.

Bazooka Joe

First post, just joined the forum yesterday.

Getting a .204 before long, intend reloading, as I always did when we had the hand guns.

Whoever's is into the .204, & reloads, I'll need ammo first then the Dies etc to follow. Live in the Northeast, Newcastle area, just to give you an idea of travel distance.

Plus your preferred loads, bullet weights, powder, etc.

Cheers,

Bazooka Joe. :thumbs:

Hi Bazooka Joe, welcome to the site. :)

I had a .204, but because i live in southern Ireland, i could not reload. ( not permitted :thumbs: ) So I used factory ammo for it at the time i had it.

Its a great long range rabbit round, 350yd + :lol: . But for foxes i found it a bit unreliable, using the factory 32 grain v.max ammo.

The Factory 40 grain v.max, just would not group in my rifle and from what i read up on it, this seemed to be the case from a lot of fellas in the states.

Over their, they seem to be getting great succsess with the 39 grain Blitz Kings and 35 grain Bergers.

When i say unreliable on foxes, i mean getting crater wounds on shoulder shots. :/

This seem to happen a lot with the 32 grain v.maxes. The energy seems to disintergrate on the surface. :D

What is needed is a good penatrating bullet, a SP prehaps or good hallow point.

I now have a .223 and am very happy with its performance so far. B) :lol:

Sorry for going off the subject that you asked for, but as this caliber is sorta new, i thought i would share my experiences of it with you. :/

Thanks.

Frank,

Much appreciated your response., I've read quite a bit on the .204, & have a forum buddy who rates it highly. Me being what I am, I have to go into the balistic's of it. Reading between the lines, the 39 Blitz Kings, & new Berger bullets will preform best. That, I intend to find out, in time.

I'll not need to shoot the Fox at any great range, so the 32 v max's will probally be OK.

Seems the Law pretty tight over their, & by the way, I'm half Irish, B)

What rifle did you have Frank :thumbs: I'm thinking on a CZ, I've got one in .22, & love it.

Cheers,

Bazooka Joe :lol:

My rifle was a Ruger M77 MII, with walnut stock. It was a solid bit of kit.

If your going for the CZ, i would highly recomend them :thumbs: . My new .223 is a CZ 527 and you can get that in .204 aswell. They are great value for money.

I also have a CZ in .22lr, fantastic rifle, a real workhorse.

The best of luck with your .204, im sure by the sound of it you will make it work. B)