balisong

chandelierman

I've got a feeling these are prohibited weapons, if you have owned this before the ban it is legal, otherwise illegal to keep even in your own home, I think its illegal to sell them?

Common Use Names:

Butterfly Knife

Cited:

Criminal Justice Act 1988 / Statutory Instrument 1988 No. 2019

Prohibits:

Manufacture, import, sale or hire, or offer of sale or hire, or lending or giving to any other person.

Legal Definition:

A blade enclosed by its handle, which is designed to split down the middle, without the operation of a spring or other mechanical means, to reveal the blade.

From the british knive collectors guild website.

http://www.bkcg.co.uk/guide/prohibited/

as with all knives the balisong is illegal to carry out in public.

I had my flat raided by the police in August last year ( i must add that i was not prossecuted for any offence ) during their search they came across my small collection of deactivated pistols / balisongs / flick knives and brass knuckles all of which i was allowed to keep :unsure: it was all stuff that i had collected over the last 20 odd years

as with all knives the balisong is illegal to carry out in public.

I had my flat raided by the police in August last year ( i must add that i was not prossecuted for any offence ) during their search they came across my small collection of deactivated pistols / balisongs / flick knives and brass knuckles all of which i was allowed to keep :angry: it was all stuff that i had collected over the last 20 odd years

OK, but I think balisongs are prohibited weapons unlike 'normal' knives, sorry I don't want to ruin your sale, I'll butt out. :unsure:

OK, but I think balisongs are prohibited weapons unlike 'normal' knives, sorry I don't want to ruin your sale, I'll butt out. :unsure:

No worrys :blush:

I only have a couple left now and i can always keep them for another 20yrs and put them on the antiques road show :angry:

And i have stated in my ad that the MODS can delete this ad if they feel it is appropriate

No worrys :angry:

I only have a couple left now and i can always keep them for another 20yrs and put them on the antiques road show :unsure:

And i have stated in my ad that the MODS can delete this ad if they feel it is appropriate

These knives are absolutely illegal and if you were not prosecuted you were very lucky.

These knives are absolutely illegal and if you were not prosecuted you were very lucky.

The law seems quite vague from my googling. For example, the link above says sword sticks are prohibited. Whereas my understanding was that if its an antique one, over 100years old then you are allowed to have one within your own home as a "collectable".

The law seems quite vague from my googling. For example, the link above says sword sticks are prohibited. Whereas my understanding was that if its an antique one, over 100years old then you are allowed to have one within your own home as a "collectable".

I got in enough **** last year for something i wasn't guilty of,so to save myself from anymore aggro i will just keep it.

When i got raided last year i was given the 3rd degree about owning them but i told them they were my own personal collection and that they could not do anything about it,they never said anything else about it,i just thought i'd sell them on to save anymore trouble in the future.....i paid a lot of money for some of them so there is no way that i am going to give them in for free.................they come in handy for peeling the potatoes.

Yes, if they are antique I think you're ok, but don't know the ins and outs of this bit of the law.

Prohibited weapons are illegal to own full stop, unless you can prove that you have owned it since before the Act came into force, and it can't leave your house, most of the weapons are traditional martial arts weapons.

KNUCKLEDUSTER - a band of metal or other hard material worn on one or more

fingers and designed to cause injury and any weapon incorporating a knuckleduster;

SWORDSTICK - a hollow walking stick or cane containing a blade that may be used as a

sword;

BALISONG or BUTTERFLY KNIFE - a blade enclosed by its handle, which is

designed to split down the middle, without the operation of a spring or other mechanical

means to reveal the blade;

SHURIKEN, SHAKEN or DEATH STAR - a hard non-flexible plate having three or

more sharp radiating points and designed to be thrown;

BELT BUCKLE KNIFE - a buckle which incorporates or conceals a knife;

HOLLOW KUBOTAN - a cylindrical container holding a number of sharp spikes;

PUSH DAGGER - a knife, the handle of which fits within a clenched fist and the blade

protrudes from between the fingers;

KYOKETSU SHOGE - a length of rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at one end to a

hooked knife;

KUSARI GAME - a length of rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at one end to a sickle;

FOOTCLAW - a bar of metal or other hard material strapped to the foot from which a

number of sharp spikes protrude;

MANRIKIGUSARI or KUSARI - a length of rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at each

end to a hard weight or hand grip;

BLOWPIPE or BLOWGUN - a length of hollow tube out of which hard pellets are shot

by the use of breath;

HANDCLAW - a band of metal or other hard material worn around the hand from which

a number of sharp spikes protrude;

TELESCOPIC TRUNCHEON - a truncheon that extends automatically by hand

pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in or attached to its handle;

A DISGUISED KNIFE - any knife which has a concealed blade or concealed

sharp point; and is designed to appear to be an everyday object of a kind

commonly carried on the person or in a handbag, briefcase, or other hand luggage

(such as a comb, brush, writing instrument, cigarette lighter, key, or lipstick)

BATON - ie a straight, side-handled or friction-lock truncheon;

A STEALTH KNIFE, that is a sharp knife or spike, which has a blade, or sharp point,

made from a material that is not readily detectable by apparatus used for detecting metal

and which is not designed for domestic use in the processing, preparation or consumption

of food or as a toy;