Lee Enfield No 4 for sale

jock308

Hi Guys

Rifle withdrawn from sale.

To settle this little matter please see topic at gunboards.com, which I started

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php...ld-No4-question

If anyone feels like apologising please feel free to do so.

If not an expert do not pass expert opinion.

Jim

Edited by jock308

incorect .

the ser no on the bolt is fake numbers are to big should be half that size plus they were stamped on and not scribed on .including the numbers on the side plate .

mounting holes are also incorect there in the rong place

also you have a mk 3 sighting system on it not a mark 2

incorect .

the ser no on the bolt is fake numbers are to big should be half that size plus they were stamped on and not scribed on .including the numbers on the side plate .

You need to teach your head dobber where the full stop and caps lock buttons are located.

incorect .

The serial nos on the bolt and side are both scirbed not stamped, to state the numbers on the bolt are fake from a photo is a bit bold, may I point out this is a close up (look at the size of the bolt handle to get perspective).

The mounting holes on the side were to allow a previous owner to mount a no 32 scope mount, if they are in the wrong place wonder how he got the scope mount to fit.

The sights are what came with the rifle, I used a scope with this rifle.

Many thanks for your interest.

Jim Wilson

i was an armorer for my cadets (CCF) back when the Lee Enfields were standard issue (21 years ago , before the Cadet Ensigns 5.56mm SA80 single shot copies). i always had to check the 2 differing numbers on a rifle, firstly being the rifle unique number and secondly, the bolt number. At no point did the 2 numbers ever match. A genuine .303 never had and never would have 2 matching numbers. However i do agree with certain people on here for pointing out that it would be better to PM than to make someone on here that doesn't know better, seem like a fool. Just because you know guns, don't forget, at some point you were 'green' as well. Thats my tuppence worth, anyways..

incorect .

I beg to differ.

I have four post war Fazakerley manufactured No4's in my collection. All have inscribed/electropencil serial numbers and bolt numbers. Two of them came direct from military storage in original factory wrappings and in original cosmolene. They are 100 % genuine as is, in my opinion, the rifle offered by this seller.

FWIW : I have never seen a stamped serial number on a post 1946 Fazakerley rifle. All are scribed on, rather crudely I might add.

To settle this little matter please see topic at gunboards.com, which I started

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php...ld-No4-question

If anyone feels like apologising please feel free to do so.

If not an expert do not pass expert opinion.

Jim

Hi Jim

In my experience Walter Mitty 'Armourer' types and BS merchants who scream 'Fake' due to a basic lack of knowledge on the subject are rarely man enough to apologise.

But we shall see !

I beg to differ.

I have four post war Fazakerley manufactured No4's in my collection. All have inscribed/electropencil serial numbers and bolt numbers. Two of them came direct from military storage in original factory wrappings and in original cosmolene. They are 100 % genuine as is, in my opinion, the rifle offered by this seller.

FWIW : I have never seen a stamped serial number on a post 1946 Fazakerley rifle. All are scribed on, rather crudely I might add.

the one you had from military storage did you get it about 7 years ago via france ??

was it one of the 16 found in france ?

2 came here 1 went to the mentz collection would be intresting to know if you had one as well

ok before i say any more will you please post 2 pitchers for me please one of the bottom of the mag . And a pitcher of the ser no just under the muzzle

cheers

and ill show you a pitcher of my collection

Hi Night Owl

Sorry no more pictures,

see below link for more info

I hope for your sake english is not your first language

regards

Jim