SKB shotguns

HDAV

As some of you may know i have been trying to research the history of a shotgun i inherited from my grandfather.... (only now i really wish i had got it sooner and done this.......)

Anyway my search has taken me all over the web and many phone calls however i stumbled across some rather disapointing info today.....

We have stopped the business of the new s k B industrial corporation with 2009 September 11th. Your long time patronage thank you very much. In regard to future repair maintenance, it is the schedule where correspondence does to be decided, is to be, informs. Furthermore the Tomobe firing range continues and we have done business

Translated using babel fish from here http://www.newskb.com/ I havent been able to get hold of the UK importers Shooting Star in Suffolk...

Bit miffed as i was hoping to add a newer SKB O/U to the cabinet to compliment my grandfathers. :lol:<_<:lol: I'm actually feeling rather sad about it especially as they closed on my birthday....

Thanks to the info here http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread...s=101#firstpost I will still try and find out when my grandfatehrs gun was made but unless anyone knows any BSA employees from the mid 70's to early 80's who know the serial numbers imported etc i doubt i ever will

I may keep an eye out for a second hand one but a nice shiney new one would have been nice...

Funnily it it sort of fits most of the stuff he bought was good quality and no longer made.... Rover Car...Daewoo Musso, Bedford Vans, Comer trucks, His landrovers (he had a 2a, 3 and 110 sill in family) also seem to be near extinctsion!

Edited by HDAV

Looks like you will have to go to the USA for spares. It looks as though they still have some new guns in the US too?

LINKY

<_<

Yes there are new guns on Gun trader can't afford one at the moment... I also think "newSKB" was a rehash of the original as the US importer only supported current models not the back catalogue...so they muct have gone under once before

Some interesting designs are here: http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpag...threadid=209347

My last hope of dating the gun is Mr John Knibbs himself....

Hi, I have an SKB 880 12b multichoke 28' barrels.. Made by the New SKB company Japan. SKB were formerly Ithaca. I too have tried to find out more about this gun, age etc but have not been able to find anything at all on internet. I suspect that its fairly old, it certainly is not any of the current models. Mines in very good condition with engraved sideplates with birds on. I suspect that they are ducks.

Will try to put pics up if i can find the lead for my camera

:rolleyes:

Hi, I have an SKB 880 12b multichoke 28' barrels.. Made by the New SKB company Japan. SKB were formerly Ithaca. I too have tried to find out more about this gun, age etc but have not been able to find anything at all on internet. I suspect that its fairly old, it certainly is not any of the current models. Mines in very good condition with engraved sideplates with birds on. I suspect that they are ducks.

Will try to put pics up if i can find the lead for my camera

:lol:

That would be good there is website in the states that have the serial numbers and dates for ithaca http://ithacagunrepair.com/page1/page1.html which should allow you to date the gun. my SKB wa simported by BSA as far as i am aware SKB were their own manufacturer which made several models for other companies some to SKB designs, some to OEM designs for the patent holders. Some good info on SKB at Trapshooters

Edited by HDAV

W Richards in Pocklington East Yorkshire still sells them. google the name and contact them theyre bound to be able to help.

Yeah I've spoken to Richards they gave me the name of the current UK disti but but couldn't tell me anymore about the older guns like mine i didnt already know.