breeda choke tube wanted

malantone

Hello, I am going tomorrow to buy a breda semi auto. It only comes with one choke tube and that is Full, does anyone have a half or threequarter tube I could buy.

Question:- can I fire the gun safely with out a tube on IE cylinder?, I dont think there is a thread protector

Thanks in anticipation

Tony A.

Edited by malantone

Years ago whan I was a kid I had a 20 bore Breda S/A, with three chokes, my Dad always said dont shoot it without having one of the chokes screwed on, the barrel had an external thread on the end, so the shot would not damage the barrel, I dont know if the threaded section of the barrel at the end is slightly weaker ?

The three tubes were different lenghts so it was easy to know what choke you had, and screw on by hand (not like modern internal ones)

If you have just the longer choke, which is full (On mine it was about three inches long extending the barrel by the same amount) , get it measured using a decent bore gauge, If it is a tapered choke, determine where 1/4 or 1/2 choke would be, and get the length turned down, (You can only do this once ! )

Cheers

Dave