Why does it matter?

dapper

This may sound a bit if a daft question. If so please except my appologies in advance.

I browse the the trading post section alot. On some of the adverts for shotguns the sellers say for example "Only been used for clays" or "pigeon shooting."

Now if we were talking about a 4x4 advertised as "Never been used off road" or a Farrari "never left the garage" then I could understand the logic.

If I use a gun either for target shooting, clays, pigeon, fox I cannot see the difference as its had so many shots fired. So even if the gun was to be taken off road as it were it still been fired. Obviously if the gun has been used in a murder or criminal activity thats different but apart from that then I cant see what the difference is. :oops:

So please could someone explain to me, whats difference does that make to the gun?

Thanks for reading.

Dave

Edited by dapper

Saying it has only been used for clays might infer that it has not been in the rain, or elements that a hunting gun might encounter, and if it is said that it has only been a pigeon gun, then it might not have had the volume of shells run through it that a clays gun might have.

Not really of substance until you see the gun, but from an honest seller, worth something I guess.

Pete