Cometa Fenix 400 problem

Ant

Hi

Ive got a Cometa Fenix 400 :< and have done quite a bit of shooting with it, anyway i was setting up my rifle scope on a target and the gun was hitting all over the place and i have made the gun very accurate before when ive been hitting 10p coin constant. Anyway after about 30 shots i loaded the gun with a pellet and a weird thud noice came from the gun, any way i was ready to shoot again and the safety button was jammed.

Has any1 got an idea of what the problem could be ?

I thougth it could be the main spring

plz reply

Ant

Edited by Ant

firstly how old is the rifle and did you buy it new? if its less than a year old you should be able to take it back to the shop and have a chat with them, they might be able to help you out :)

failing that try and find out who are the main distributors for cometa, and try haveing a chat with them direct.

and iff all else fails you might have to take it to a gun smith to have it looked at (spring rifles scare me when i think about stripping them!)

but if the local gun smith is down the club tomorrow will try picking his brains for you :)

does the fact that the safety is jammed mean you now have a fully loaded and ready to fire rifle in the house?:rolleyes:? ;) if so try holding the cocking lever/barrel back as if to cock it take up th tension and try releasing the safty then and pull the trigger MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FIRM GRIP ON THE BARREL!!!!! that might make the rifle safe but wont fix the problem.

not a lo of help i know but will see what i can pick from thier brains down the club tomorrow :)

ROB :o

Yea im gonna proberbly try and send it to a gunsmith this monday.

I went today and found an advert for a gun shop in my local area and anyway went to the place which was not that far and found out it didnt exist no longer :D

so im gonna have to take it to some other 1 i know.

ill keep u informed on how it goes

Ant