Malgrat In Spain.

deputy dog

I flew for the 1st time last year with a few friends to Alcudia. The place was brilliant and hoped to be going again this year. But unfortunately it was the first time flying for some of my friends. And altho they loved the holiday they really hated flying, where i took to it like a bird. So this year they wanted to go on holiday but didn't want to fly again. So they booked with Ferris Holiday Tour Company. They asked us if we wanted to go along with them as it would make it the same as last year. I wasn't fussed to say the least about traveling 24+ hours on a bus to Spain when i could do it in 2 on a plane. But my Long term girlfriend insisted we gave it a try and after a while i gave in and booked for this June. Not a bad price though i must say. 2 weeks full board for the both of us £668. But the down side is the traveling. The Place we are going is MALGRAT DE MAR main land Spain. Has any one been on a Ferris holiday by bus. And as any one been to MALGRAT. I would realy like some feed back from any one who has been there. I dont mind if its not a party type place but i would like to know if there is some decent night life and places to go. Not one for crashing by the pool all day. Need to be getting about seeing places. Any info welcome. :whistling::lol:???

its a small place but there is calella just up road few night clubs, barcelona is only half an hour by train, have a look on www.holidaytruths.com and www. traveladvisor.com to check out your hotel and resort details. if you have a night in calella try papas bar they are crackers and the beach bar

its a small place but there is calella just up road few night clubs, barcelona is only half an hour by train, have a look on www.holidaytruths.com and www. traveladvisor.com to check out your hotel and resort details. if you have a night in calella try papas bar they are crackers and the beach bar

Thanks for the only reply Sapper. Looking at the lack of responce, i take it your the only one who's been there lol. Thanks for the tips on the bars, night clubs. I'l be sure to give them a look see. All the best.

Gareth. :good:

Hi Deputy dog, it has been a few years since we holidayed in that area, but would give you the same adviice as previous post checkout HolidayTruths.co.uk and in particular the costa brava forum.

You will find that you will need to travel to have some interesting things to see and do, but the train is close at hand to take you to Barca or hire a car and discover delightful towns such as Calella de Palafrugela (spelling) not to be confused with Palafrugell. There should be one of those tourist train journeys around the resort which includes santa suzanna (i think) which helps you get your bearings. Hotels seem to provide the bulk of the entertainment, not sure if there were any nightclubs. We had the kids with us when we we there and weren't lookin for niteclubs

Good luck with the bus journey hope there are not too many screaming younsters with drunken parents on your journey. There is still time to get a cheap flight and a refund on your bus journey. :blink: :good:

Hi Deputy dog, it has been a few years since we holidayed in that area, but would give you the same adviice as previous post checkout HolidayTruths.co.uk and in particular the costa brava forum.

You will find that you will need to travel to have some interesting things to see and do, but the train is close at hand to take you to Barca or hire a car and discover delightful towns such as Calella de Palafrugela (spelling) not to be confused with Palafrugell. There should be one of those tourist train journeys around the resort which includes santa suzanna (i think) which helps you get your bearings. Hotels seem to provide the bulk of the entertainment, not sure if there were any nightclubs. We had the kids with us when we we there and weren't lookin for niteclubs

Good luck with the bus journey hope there are not too many screaming younsters with drunken parents on your journey. There is still time to get a cheap flight and a refund on your bus journey. :hmm: :blink:

Thanks for the reply Ballymac. I'm not really looking forward to the bus trip. And we have got a few kids going with us. But fortunately none are ours. We'l be off doing our own thing like. But i suppose its 2 weeks away from this **** hole and thats got to worth it in the long run. And i will be flying next year come hell or high water lol. I honestly hate buses. All best

Gareth :good: :blink:

Edited by deputy dog