Advice on FAC application

Hi,

Have had a good look around but been unable to find any answers or advice to this on the forum or Hampshire constabulary's firearm guidance.

Am in the process of applying for my FAC for target shooting, I shoot at a mixed club where they use everything from black powder to .22lr. My question is am I able to apply for multiple firearms of the same calibre and action? For instance, I personally prefer shooting .22lr semi auto rifles and would like one for more accurate competitive shoots and another for more practical applications as I'd like to get into practical shooting as well.

I've asked a few people at the club but there's been no definitive answer as no one seems to have ever wanted two firearms of the same calibre and action. Any experience or knowledge welcomed.

Cheers, Rob

Hi,

Have had a good look around but been unable to find any answers or advice to this on the forum or Hampshire constabulary's firearm guidance.

Am in the process of applying for my FAC for target shooting, I shoot at a mixed club where they use everything from black powder to .22lr. My question is am I able to apply for multiple firearms of the same calibre and action? For instance, I personally prefer shooting .22lr semi auto rifles and would like one for more accurate competitive shoots and another for more practical applications as I'd like to get into practical shooting as well.

I've asked a few people at the club but there's been no definitive answer as no one seems to have ever wanted two firearms of the same calibre and action. Any experience or knowledge welcomed.

Cheers, Rob

Don't see why not as you put the reason you need the firearm on the application.

Match rifle for competitive shooting

Another one for vermin control

Although don't forget you'll need land with permission and clearance for the vermin control.

Hi, had my FEO round the other day and he touched on this.

This is from TVP though.

He said that you could have a couple of the same calibre for reasons if you required a s/s or s/a.

Also said you could if you wanted set ups for differrent shooting positions.

So sounds like you have a reason for what you want.