Been asked to have a look at a couple of ponds as mink have been seen on them and the fishermen have ask if they can be removed.

i don't want to have to start trapping as i cant get out everyday but i need to show willing as its a new permission and i have had good days shooting the pigeons and now have rifle permission as well.

i cant get to check traps everyday due to health but if needs must then i will have to go make some and then find a way of checking or getting them checked daily. also need to be a little careful as dog walker get around half the lakes

whats the best way farward on this please guys.

Phil.

Usually a cage trap on a floating raft with some type of rotten fish you use what type that suits you trout,mackerel.pilchard and if your feeling flush salmon as bait is the best method of catching mink.The game conservancy have a link on how to make a raft.

It takes a lot of waiting to get a shot with a gun sitting at a pond and if it is a large pond/lake it will come in at the wrong end,usually so i think your best bet is a raft.

Hope that helps fella

verminator

Usually a cage trap on a floating raft with some type of rotten fish you use what type that suits you trout,mackerel.pilchard and if your feeling flush salmon as bait is the best method of catching mink.The game conservancy have a link on how to make a raft.

It takes a lot of waiting to get a shot with a gun sitting at a pond and if it is a large pond/lake it will come in at the wrong end,usually so i think your best bet is a raft.

Hope that helps fella

verminator

Hi Im also interested, do you have the link to the site with the raft please?

Rgds Rob