FITASC UT Handisport World Chamionships

SidneyG

Just to bring this to the atttention of any disabled shooters reading the forum.

www.fitasc.com/uk/home...scipline/1

Standing and seated categories as per last year.

The competition is being shot prior to the main UT world championship. I have to say this is a little disapointing after the efforts and brave decision of Phil Rowley and the BICTSF last year to totally integrate disabled and able bodies squads. A bit of a step backwards, and its also only 100 birds over 2 days. But at least Fitasc are still supporting disabled shooting, so I cant moan too much . If you know any disabled shooters please please make them aware of this.

Details:

21-22nd July 2010

Valle Aniene shooting ground, Rome.

Entry Fee 100 euros.

Hi Sid,

You certainly get around the forums, and thanks for the kind words. The European UT Championships also has handisport categories and from the entry form on the FITASC website they seem to be included within the main competition, as I did at the World Champs last year at Southern Counties.

I look forward to seeing you again - how about the UT GB selection shoot at Southern Counties on 29/30 May?

Phil

Hi Phill, just trying to do my bit to promote the disabled side of the sport! No need to thank me, the integration into last years World Championships has helped promote disabled clay shooting a massive amount, we are all very greatfull for being given the chance to compete along side everybody else. Long may it continue.

I am trying to decide wether or not to go to the Europeans or Worlds, my problem is although I dont actually need any assistance, because I am a wheelchair user I must be accomponied whilst on the plane (airline rules)..... doubles the cost of the trip. If I can persuade one of my friends or family to come I will be there!

Will try and make the 29th/30th. :good: