bank with santander?

hushpower

If you know a bank paying more than 2% in real terms that would be good. All the "good deals" I have see carry a little sting in the tail like "we will pay you 6% a year but only on the first £2000 and then f all""

Your right, poor deals all round at the moment. You can up the rate if you are prepared to loose the right to access for a period, but you still wont outstrip inflation.

Everyone needs a certain amount on deposit, to cover immediate needs and emergency fund etc, everything above this amount should be considered for investment elsewhere if its appropriate for the individual concerned. If its not appropriate, then they will have to stay in deposits and take the hit.

just a qwick word , santander are in the mire ,they took over aliance leister an couple others. bank of england only cover £50,000 in losses. so check who you bank with own ,or are owned by . am too tired to explain,gud nyte

I really doubt this is true, Santander are about the only big bank to make it out of the crisis without taking too big a hit. I don't personally have to worry about the savings limit and probably will never have to but I would think anyone with that level of savings should be taking proper paid for advice and so should know about the limits already.

Dan