FAC interview

gaz-loc

i have applied for my fac and i am awaiting the interview..

just wondering what questions to expect :unsure: ?

and im in scotland and i hear you are more likely to get an open ticket here? so if i asked for that what are they likely to ask? i have a genuine reason which is permission on ALOT of land to go lamping :sly:

inputs would be greatly appreciated :good:

cheers

nothing to worry about, just the normal, how are you, what do you want a gun for, that sort of thing. Get some good biscuits in, and expensive coffee, and as long as you havnt tried to kill anyone recently, you should be fine. just a friendly chat :unsure:

I thought it was like someone analyzing my mind to see if I was a gun nut or not. It was more to do with justifying the calibres I was applying for then scrubbing the .338 and .408 off the application form.

It is more a friendly chat but they sure get the info they need. If you are a safe and sensible shooter you will be fine.

I dont think its fair that the interview and filling in the report is timed,doesnt give you enough time to think let alone answer the questions,they should drop this part and just do it like the sgc that was easy. <_<

Fill in report?

I dont think its fair that the interview and filling in the report is timed,doesnt give you enough time to think let alone answer the questions,they should drop this part and just do it like the sgc that was easy. <_<

Timed??

What coffee are you drinking?:blink:???

It is exactly the same as a SGC interview with the added requirement that they need to discuss calibres & justification with you, they may also cover off past experience with centre fire firearms.

i have applied for my fac and i am awaiting the interview..

just wondering what questions to expect <_< ?

and im in scotland and i hear you are more likely to get an open ticket here? so if i asked for that what are they likely to ask? i have a genuine reason which is permission on ALOT of land to go lamping :blink:

inputs would be greatly appreciated :lol:

cheers

Hiya, I'm in Scotland too, and had my interview last Thursday...my FLO was very informative...and really helpful..and a proper nice guy....Tho', I dont remember any questions at all, cept "did I have any convictions?? " and about the calibres I wanted and why...,...no problems there at all...:lol:

He talked me through the forms again, and told me a few things that i didnt know about....

He inspected my cabinet and ammo/bolt safe and said they were fine...then after a general chat, that was it..:P

He gave me his card, and his email addy, so I can let him know what fishing gear I'm going to be selling to pay for guns..:lol:

In fact, when he saw my boat in the drive, the convo was to a big part all about boats and sea fishing..:lol: I had been really nervous till he knocked on the door, as soon as I met him, he really put my mind at ease...his love of his job and his training did that I suspect...:P

So...Dont worry about yer interview...I was , and in hindsight...nothing to worry about, long as you told the truth on yer app form, you'll be fine..Honest...

I wont wish you good luck...you wont need it ..:lol: