Big Game Rod and Reel

Norrie

For sale...

My Common Skate gear, this comprises of....A Penn International 11 50SW two speed reel....capable of bringing in any fish in at least UK waters. Loaded with new 55KG Powerpro braid, IMHO, the finest braided line available...and to complete the line, a 200lb wind on leader.

I bought this new a few years ago..its still the current model, fully serviced just a week ago...and in great condition...cost new from Glasgow Angling is...over £800.... :good: Think I paid just over £600....

Reel does have some scratches etc and marks, BUT, from use and NOT abuse....

Rod...is an 80lb class Conoflex blank, custom built for me by a well known rod builder from Bristol...fitted with Stuart Rollers ( from the US ) they have just been stripped and rebuilt....the Butt is Aluminium, the rod has a fantastic black Gloss/Matt finish..and will easily cope with ANYTHING that swims around the UK...mibbes even the planet......it too has some marks, and scratches to the butt, but nothing at all to detract from doing the job perfectly well..

I've had many Common Skate up to 240lbs on this setup...and I'm only selling because I'm selling my boat as well...all to finance my love of my new hobby...shooting.

Rod cost in the region of £300 to get built....and will last a lifetime....

Selling for £350.......or (once my ticket comes in ) swap for a .22 LR or .222

Price will include delivery by courier to your door.

If you need any further pics etc etc...just PM me. :yes:

Skaterod003.jpg

Skaterod004.jpg

Skaterod005.jpg

Skaterod016.jpg

Skaterod023.jpg

Skaterod021.jpg

Edited by Norrie

Hope you are not giving up Norrie :good: Good luck with the sale :yes:

Hi Tam, Thanks for that mate...not giving up fishing...will keep my 12lb and 20 class gear... selling the boat too..:o...I'll become a charter tart now...Ian Burret and Ronnie Campbell will be sick of the sight of me soon...:wub::) Also, I can still go after skate whenever I want , got loads of mates with boats...:o just canny do the trips on my own boat every weekend like I used to..:o

I need to use my boat more :wub: so I know the feeling :good: Last week in July/First week August it will be moored at Gairloch hoping to get round to Torridon for Barn Doors :yes:

Yep, nice one mate...you not been bitten by the "Crinan Fever" yet?:o