Certificate Details

Hotshotnot

Hi,

When I purchased my shotgun the shop filled in table 2 of my licence with the relevant detail.

I forwarded the transfer note to thew police as instructed.

Question.

Do I now have to put the details onto table 2 of my licence ?

If so, if I sell a gun do I cross it out from table 1?

Thanks

J

Hi,

When I purchased my shotgun the shop filled in table 2 of my licence with the relevant detail.

I forwarded the transfer note to thew police as instructed.

Question.

Do I now have to put the details onto table 1 of my licence ?

If so, if I sell a gun do I cross it out from table 1?

Thanks

J

Read your certificate again,it clearly states which part you complete,ie other persons cert if you buy,if you sell they complete yours,you notify within 7 days by recorded delivery <_<

I agree that what you say is clear but I can't find anything that says who should fill in Table 1, and when. It must have a purpose?

I've read the text on the licence many times but theres nothing about Table 1.

J

I agree that what you say is clear but I can't find anything that says who should fill in Table 1, and when. It must have a purpose?

I've read the text on the licence many times but theres nothing about Table 1.

J

When your certificate comes up for renewal or if you request a new one because table two is full table one will come back printed with all the shotguns the police have under you certificate. No one other than the police write anything there.

Clear?

When your certificate comes up for renewal or if you request a new one because table two is full table one will come back printed with all the shotguns the police have under you certificate. No one other than the police write anything there.

Clear?

Thanks apache.

Thats crystal clear.

What surprises me is that my certificate records all guns that I may buy but there is not a section to record annything that I sell so when I look at my licence it says I have more guns that I have. When I bought my gun it was faulty so returned to the shop. Got another one in its place. Both are recorded on my licence but I only have 1. Notification was sent to the police (recorded delivery) that the gun was "sold" back to the shop but this transaction is not recorded on my certificate.

I guess thats the way it is; it just seems strange.

J

Thanks apache.

Thats crystal clear.

What surprises me is that my certificate records all guns that I may buy but there is not a section to record annything that I sell so when I look at my licence it says I have more guns that I have. When I bought my gun it was faulty so returned to the shop. Got another one in its place. Both are recorded on my licence but I only have 1. Notification was sent to the police (recorded delivery) that the gun was "sold" back to the shop but this transaction is not recorded on my certificate.

I guess thats the way it is; it just seems strange.

J

That should have been added to your cert! I column B of table 2 all the entries say 'sold' even though some are transfers onto my certificate and some are transfers off. Looking through the history (and looking at table 1) lets you establish how many guns you have!

If I was in your situation I would ring the police and make sure they thin you have what you really have. The gun shop was lax with that.

That should have been added to your cert! I column B of table 2 all the entries say 'sold' even though some are transfers onto my certificate and some are transfers off. Looking through the history (and looking at table 1) lets you establish how many guns you have!

If I was in your situation I would ring the police and make sure they thin you have what you really have. The gun shop was lax with that.

According to the notes for table 2 it is only a record of guns solt to me. It does not record guns that I may sell. Therefore there is no record on my certificate regarding the gun I traded in to the shop. The shop filled in table 2 for both guns they sold me but added nothing on my cert regarding the gun they took back. They did give me a separate sheet that I sent to the police for the gun they took back but it is not recorded on me cert.

It is not possible therefore from my cert alone to tell how many guns I have.

The shop only records sales not purchases on my cert. I am not allowed to write on my cert... hence the lack of clarity.

J

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mate;

You can ask your Fire arms dept to send you a new table 2 yours should state in coloum B the state of the weapon i.e (sold,let on hire or lent) any shot guns you have sold you should have informed your firearms dept within seven days of sale or purchase.

The police use a system called NFX and it shows every person in the country that holds a section 1 or 2 licence and lists every shotgun or fire arm you own. If your FEO came to visit he would have a full record.

If you are worried ring your fire arms dept and ask if they will update your certificate possibly free of charge.

Hope this helps

• 1 month later...
Hi Mate;

You can ask your Fire arms dept to send you a new table 2 yours should state in coloum B the state of the weapon i.e (sold,let on hire or lent) any shot guns you have sold you should have informed your firearms dept within seven days of sale or purchase.

The police use a system called NFX and it shows every person in the country that holds a section 1 or 2 licence and lists every shotgun or fire arm you own. If your FEO came to visit he would have a full record.

If you are worried ring your fire arms dept and ask if they will update your certificate possibly free of charge.

Hope this helps

Thanks sixhills