Logun Eagle

G man

Hi Folks,

I have just been to my first club meeting and was well impressed that i cannot wait till Sunday to go back,The only down side was that i now realise my BSA lightning XL is no use for ft :lol: etc so i guess i have wasted some well earned cash :lol: ,most members had AA 400s and i had a shot of one and was well impressed,so i have started saving for one already and will just keep the XL for plinking at the farm.I was reading one of my mags last night(Air Gunner)November and read an article on a new Logun gun called EAGLE,i thought the review was excellent and liked the look of the gun also but does anyone out there have one that can verify its review as accurate.

G

,The only down side was that i now realise my BSA lightning XL is no use for ft :lol: etc so i guess i have wasted some well earned cash

Bull$hite.

Your gun is brilliant for what it is. It is not the gun but the shooter. If you start out with that gun and when you are ready move "up" you will be a much better airgunner for doing it.

Don't fall into the trap of having to keep up with what everyone else has got make the decision based on where you are in the sport.

Good luck anyway whatever you do :lol:

Snakebite,

I understand what you are saying but here is what i have been led to believe,There is not a class for .22 in field target comps but there is for HFT comps,I went along to a club on Sunday and after shooting away at targets between 15 and 30yds i was offered a shot of a S400 and managed to hit the farthest target at 55 yds twice in succession before handing gun back,i then tried to hit targets at 40 yds with my own but really struggled ,so down to me i thought,I practice at a farm near me and have noticed the following,up to 25 yds i am getting decent grouping but beyond this they are all over the place,The guys at the club said it was probably due to kick of springer as i can group above that with a pcp,what are your thoughts or am i being told p%!*h.

G

Btw , i still want to keep the XL for practising and hunting at farm.

Edited by G man

The springer will recoil, fact. Get a good teacher at the club to show you how to tame the recoil. Practice is the key and there is no easy way out.

PCP's are easier to shoot, that is the simple fact of the matter. However I think people are too keen to go on to newer technology before getting a good grounding in the basics. I perciviered with a springer long after a couple of friends had upgraded to PCPs (not that I'm saying that I am a better shot because of it) and this was because I wanted to learn the correct basics before moving on. Infact had I been able to fit a silencer onto my HW57 then I would have probably still been using it!

Once you can shoot to 35-40 yds (to a highish degree) with the XL going to a PCP will see you doing that much better!

This is because you will have the correct skills down to a "T" and it will be completly natural!

Any don't let me sway you. I am a relative beginner myself and cannot preach. :lol:

These were shot with a LightningXL from a standing position using a wrist rest hold on a thumbstick. The left mark on the top target is not a pellet hole but a slip with the felt pen when outlining a rabbits head, it was dead at the time and wasn't using it- hehehe. :lol: .177" calibre.

rabsprwristrest.jpg

i gotta agree with snakebite on this one.

i have two main hunting rifles. an AAs410k and a BSA lightning both .22. i use the AA most but i still use the lightning because it shows up my falts wen i'v gotten lazy with the AA. by still using the springer i can keep an eye on my stance, grip, trigger controle, follow through etc and then i can realy kick vermin ar$e with the AA. :lol:

nice shooting elcaro :lol:

spider

have a look what rifles are being used at the club for what you want to do with it, though i think you have just answered your own question "used a S400" if your goign to be doing FT with it, you will have to learn the power curve depending on how many targets are in the course.

regardless of what rifle you choose it will have to be a .177 as a .22 is just too loopy for a seriouse FT rig, prefereable a regulated rifle. Top of my list would be a second hand daystate MK3, can pick these up from around £550 second hand.

the lightening is a good rifle for the field or for HFT but not the best spring rifle for seriouse FT.

if you want a spring rifle for HFT a second hand TX200 SR would probably be the best choice.

to sum it up:

daystate MK3 .177 (£550ish second hand)

S400 £300ish new

TX200SR (£250-300ish second hand sprig powered rifle)

ROB :thumbs:

OK,Thanks all,I think for the present time i will keep on practising with my XL until such times i am accepted as a full member of the club i am attending and start shooting in comps and see how i get on,as Roblade says i think my XL in .22 will not be efficient enough for ft comps to compete at a reasonable level but for now i will just keep paractising away with the XL till i feel i have mastered my breathing technics etc.

Graham

the one good thing, and this outweighs a lot of the bad things, if you can shoot resonable well with a spring powered rifle you should be able to shoot amazingly well with any PCP rifle!!!check out the link up put up on a thread recently about the technical skills manual for the bfta, very usful little guid.

the most important thing to do when shooting a springer is just rest the rifle in your hands dont pull it in tight! and use the follow thru technique i.e. squeeze the trigger and keep it pulled back until you have seen where the shot lands.

the reason i say the lightening is not suited to FT is due to it being a break barrel rifle and that limits the size of the scope you will be able to mount :lol:

apart from that there is nothing wrong with the rifle, the XL is a pretty damn good rifle :thumbs:

ROB :lol:

I was reading one of my mags last night(Air Gunner)November and read an article on a new Logun gun called EAGLE,i thought the review was excellent

Without being funny ALL the reviews in there are "excellent", if by excellent you mean they praise every pile of poo about. Do not rely on either Airgunner or Airgun World for an appraisal of a gun. The last two Loguns launched have been met by severe criticism in one case and a very mixed bag in the other case if you choose to believe the people who buy and use them on forums such as this. I handled the prototype (didn't shoot it). It's heavy though well balanced. Finish was poor but as I said it was a prototype.

Roblade,I have been reading through the link you sent me and adopting the breathing skills and have learned a few new positions as well though i struggled to take up some them(not very bendy) :thumbs: :lol:

Thanks for the reply to my original question 1 of 5,I thought the reviews would be a bit biased(spelling).I will wait and see whot develops over the next couple of months or so and if i am accepted as a full member i will decide then what to spend and what on.

Thanks,

G

Gman, I think you have made an excelent decision. In a year or so's time you are going to kick serious butt. There are going to be a few AGNI shooters (All the Gear and No Idea :thumbs: ) there and the warm feeling you get with your XL or S410 if you upgrde is going to be the best!

Now all I have to do is learn from your lead! :*)