Ballistic tip Shooters

deadeye ive

I reload for the .45 but as that is mainly used for target use it gets a lot of rounds through it. If you use a lot then start reloading but occasional round for pest control etc. then stick with what you know and buy factory. Weigh up what is more cost effective/how critical is MOA to you/and how much time you have.

All my gear was sourced secondhand from Ebay (when they weren't too hot on stopping it for being gun 'related' - anal?). Some Lee/Lyman/RCBS. Built it up for one cal and now I am ready to add another.

I also hand cast all the bullets for .45 using reclaimed lead sheet and wheel weights. 300gr. heads arn't cheap and the mail cost is crippling :D

.50 WILL GO THREW 12.5MM PLATE LIKE A KNIFE THREW BUTTER!!

Dave

Took the new backstop out for it's first baptism of fire today and it worked a treat .

It's actually 15mm thk combination of S/S and M/S and looking at the damage a .223 did to it at 200yds.I would say the penetration was over 6 mm. I have to say a .50 cal will need a backstop of metal at least 4" thick :rolleyes: .............I've just seen a .50 bullet in another section.

Ive