Cartridge problem?

Hi all, I was wondering wether somebody could help me? I'm fairly new to shotgun shooting, and just brought some new cartridges: fob vipers fibre wads I think advised by a friend. Went clay shooting Sunday and was hitting targets fine with them, but we did notice some confetti coming out the barrels occasionally though, we also noticed that after firing the cartridges when taken out of the gun the ends were not crimpled and looked almost burnt??? They were straight and kind of jaged at the ends. My friend said that he has never seen this before and I was wondering what could be causing this and wether it's dangerous or will affect my shooting?

The gun I am using is a browning ultra xs has 2 3/4 chambers and the cartridges are 70mm. I have used other cartridges before and they did not have this problem.

Thanks Scott

Oh okay thankyou. I wouldn't of thought they would if been damp

though they have been kept in an upstairs bedroom and it's been scorching weather lol they are brand new aswel only brought the other day.

depends on where they have been stored in the shop. Try google the cartriges to see if anyone else has seen the same problem.

Okay il check them over tonight when I get back from work. My friend used the same cartridges in his gun but they came out fine and were crimpled at the end, but he was using a semi auto so wether that would make a difference or not I don't know? Il Leave them to dry and see what happens, they might not like my gun lol maybe time for some different cartridges?

Well i found out the problem! My friend rang the shop and turns out the shop owner knew exactly what he was going to say lol...He has had other customers have the same problem with the end of the cartridges being blown off. Apparently the batch he had, should have never been on the market and are faulty. So the shop said they will take them back and replace them all, even the ones I have used :) lol

Hopefully the next lot will be okay, thanks for the replys anyway.

Much appreciated

Scott

Sounds like a classic case of the casing being a little too long. Ok in 76mm chamber but not a 70mm. They were probably 72mm or something when open. It`s happened before and it will happen again. :no:

Exactly what I was thinking. I know a bloke who shot 3" cartridges through a 2 3/4" chambers and it was doing exactly that :oops: