Chameau Vatna

robmiller

Anyone got any leather boots for shooting? If so, how do you find them? Am fancying myself a pair for the winter. Pros and cons.......obv con.......may look a pr*ck

I bought some Dubarry boots last year for shooting and really got on with them. I was using Aigle Neoprene wellies, but had a major issue with any type of welly as I'd had a nice bout of sciatica over the summer which left my left leg with tendonitis. Not too much of a problem until my calf muscle was nicely wrapped up and got really warm. As soon as the leg cooled off later, it was agony!

Anyway, enough excuses for buying boots which my wife really wanted - never a good sign - bought some Dubarrys - the ones with the zip down the side, and I love them. Really comfortable, gore-tex lined and you can stand in anything without getting cold or wet.

They need a bit more maintenance than a welly, but that's to be expected.

As for looking like a pr*ck, I shoot with some fairly honest guys and they never mentioned it. We have an informal pheasant shoot and they laugh more at the guy in the breeks than my leather boots! And, I've seen more and more blokes wearing them at the game fairs this year than ever before.

No i think they look quite smart, i was just messing on looking like a *****. Its just getting something of reasonable price yet the same quality!

Do they come in PINK,seems to be your colour at the moment--have you looked on the Bush wear site,might give you some idea of what your'e after---Dave