Anyone know what the birds are on near Swindon??

Maidment78

Evening,

Managed to blag a day pass from the wife and farmer needs a hand putting up a fence in the morning so thought I would get out for a days shoot at the same time. I will be over the Swindon, Wilts area and have not been there for about 4 weeks so was wondering if anyone knew what the birds were up too.

Paul.

i've been out for the last three days in the faringdon lechlade area and really struggled. No real flight lines just bits of groups (5/6) here and there problem is they are spread a bit thin, laid down barley, rape stubble and swaithed o.s.r everywhere so as soon as you get a bang they move to the next bit of food and they are comfortable there so why would they move back? I'm thinking of going roost shooting tommorrow as i'm struggling so much out in the fields.At the moment i'm only averiging one bird in per hour spent shooting over decoys. This could just be me and the patches i'm shooting but it is hard going

Nick

Went out at 11, lots of movement and bagged 17 birds in the first hour so was well up for a big day then it died, did not know why until I saw a huge flock of birds on the next door farm that I do not have permission, they had just cut the crop and it was drawing eerything in for miles. Ended with over 30 birds in the bag though so considering it was a hard day I was pleased and I learnt to take high birds flying over to the other field so I was happy with that.