You never know what you might find.........

In the late spring I took my gear to one of the local farms I shoot over, it was slow going but enough to keep me from packing up. I hit a high bird and watched it fall in the next field, as the birds had dropped off I took the time to nip out and pick up the bird in next field.

I have lived in my area all my life so, I am used to seeing bits of pottery and old horseshoes lying around on the drilled ground. I all ways give what I spot a second glance, as you never know!

I was making a beeline for the dead bird when this stone was in the path I was taking.

Even before I picked it up I knew what it was, so in the pocket it went and so did the bird.

After I got home, I took the pictures that you can see, and had a look on the internet as to how old it was.

I emailed a person and he said it was from the Palaeolithic era and he offered £50 for it, but money is not every thing and I am sure it is worth a bit more than that.

I have lost a couple of good knives over the years but how much did it mean to the person who lost that hand axe which I found, and just think of what he or she did and the whey they lived their lives…….

I have looked long and hard over that ground and just the one piece to date but you never know…………..

TEH

http://s856.photobucket.com/albums/ab130/T...=STA60527-1.jpg

Edited by The Essex Hunter