Logun

lurcherboy

i have nothing good to say about these rifles :thumbs:

could you pm me about where your mates getting it from as there is one for sale in east kent that i know the histyory of if its from a gun shop.

They are prone to leakes and even though they are screw cut (or whatever its called) to take an external silencer as well as the shrouded barrel they dont shoot straight with the added silencer, asked logun about this problem their reply is well it already silenced so dosnt need and extra one!

just make sure i have got the right rifle, gladi8or is the twin resevoir rifle? rear resevior has a tendancy of working itself loos over time, there have been two at the club and niether have been owned for a long period of time.

ROB ;)

i have nothing good to say about these rifles :thumbs:

could you pm me about where your mates getting it from as there is one for sale in east kent that i know the histyory of if its from a gun shop.

They are prone to leakes and even though they are screw cut (or whatever its called) to take an external silencer as well as the shrouded barrel they dont shoot straight with the added silencer, asked logun about this problem their reply is well it already silenced so dosnt need and extra one!

just make sure i have got the right rifle, gladi8or is the twin resevoir rifle? rear resevior has a tendancy of working itself loos over time, there have been two at the club and niether have been owned for a long period of time.

ROB :thumbs:

Roblade, you have confirmed the things I have heard about it. He was buying new from one of the shops in the monthlys.

Thanks mate ;)

LB

Right then, what about a Daystate 2 merlin, any reports greatly appreciated on my friends behalf?

LB

hmmm at least hes looking in the right direction now :thumbs:

A guy at the club has one of theseits a daystate harrier X2 might have a fancy stock on it and a few little differences but looks like one.

ok so its got a shiny action (think PH6 in the bling version)pretty damn noisey considering is only a pre silencer on there that looks the same as the venting silencer they used to do for them (BUT ONLY LOOKS LIKE IT).

ok so im not a fan of PCP rifles, but if i wanted a special edition rifle i think i would consider something a little different.

top of the list of rifles to gt for me is a TAWNADO S410 (basic s410 with a Michael Tawn laminated stock) the only of these i tried was running around 24F/lbs but it was probably the best rifle i have ever used.

So my option would be S410 and then get a custom stock for it, you can even pay £350 for the stock after buying the rifle so you wont have £750 all in one go.

But there is one very attractive option about the daystate, there are only ever going to be 50 rifles made (or a very close number to that, around 12 per monmth are sheduled to be made for the next few months, and they are alread sold out pre booked rifles until the end of feb!!!!)

have to say to sum it up, the daystate is ok on the noise front (wouldnt say quiet but i didnt hear it with the silencer fitted ontop of the pre silencer), looks bloody good, do i really need to say its accurate? built in presure gauge, its a daystate what more can you say LOL

ok now the bad, trigger felt a little on the far back side, im used to a set back trigger but the daystate seemed to be a really long way back. wouold this really be the choice of rifle for the field? its nice, and its nice and shinny.

would sum up by saying, he wont regret owning one of these rifles (merlyn).

ROB :thumbs:

PS guy at the club bought his rifle through uttings, no problems at all with using them, lots of contact even when things did go a little pear shaped due to daystate being a bit slow on meeting the first batch shipment date LOL

Can't afford a S410 so looking at a X2 Merlyn :thumbs:

Methinks something is awry in your thinking there.

I can afford pretty much anything I want 1 of 5. Read the posts before you reply son.

Thanks Roblade. I will pass on the information to my mucka. I appreciate your input :thumbs:

LB

I amn't your son, and an X2 merlyn will cost more than a 410. If your friend can't afford one then he can't afford the other. Which bit have I misread to come to that conclusion?

Calm down son or you will give yourself an aneurysm :)

Roblade, he has fallen in love with the Daystate and I have printed off your post for him.

Cheers mate :D

LB