RWS Super Hollow Point.

THEINVISIBLESCARECROW

The RWS name suggests a good pellet & the Super Hollow Point has been with us for many many years so a good pedigree.

Looking side on It's a simple waisted design, tight in at the top of the skirt.

Allmost flat on the head with an angled outer ring.

From the bottom a thin skirt but apart from nicks & marks I've not found a damaged skirt yet.

From the top the cup looks shallow.

The bulk of the lead weight is at the top of the skirt, base of the cup so seeing as the outer ring is short of metal when It strikes the target the puter part of the hollow point cup starts to fold over the skirt & form a ring, therefore the width increases therefore expands.

Because there is little metal there the ring can continue down the skirt & seperate leaveing the pellet in two parts.

A thin ring & a small dome shaped slug of lead.

That suggests the entry wound will be wider than the pellet but the wound channel quickly narrows again.

Over the years I've used RWS Super Hollow Point pellets to good effect being accurate in most rifles, sadly not so in my latest rifle.

A little experiment to check out how they deform.

Personally I never use them, I can see at short range on a rat might not be a bad choice as you will get beeter enegy trasfer and at close range overpenatration is sometimes an issue. Longer ranges though 25 yrds plus I would not be confident that they will fly true and I have never had an issue with using a dome head on all prey.