Been away for a bit

Maori Haz

Morning All,

Sorry for not posting much anymore, busy with new year and xmas.. well i've been away to a friends house in the peak district and i had a LOT of fun. We started in the evening with a bit of lamping (only one rabbit, which he had) but in the morning it was snowing so we decided to have some fun and go shooting in the afternoon if it had melted and so in the afternoon, i looked out of the window and this collared dove flew into a tree around 40+ yards away. It remained sitting there for a few seconds before flying out of easy range to the end of his garden. I told him i would stalk it and just as i was leaving the house, my friend shouted "IT'S BACK AGAIN! DON'T GO!" so i sprinted up the stairs, and peered out of the window and there it was as before sitting on a branch in this tree. A few seconds later a .22 accupell from my S200 slammed home. My FIRST collard dove. It was down with one hit, not even a flap from its wings. We collected and ate it :) my first and hopefully not my last.

Another first was a Jackdaw which was attracted by the bread my friend's mum had left out. It sat on the wall next to it and i quickly dropped it off while my friend was in the shower. However i left that in the hedge for a charlie.

Between us we got 1 collard dove, 1 jackdaw, 2 rabbits, 1 squirrel and a few pigeons. All shot with my recently 10 shot converted AAS200 and his logun axsor.

A great weekend :D,

MH :)