cant wait

ninjaspath

is getting all of my carp gear ready for a 24 hour session at bradleys fishing lake (big) in south serney debaiting what to do because of the weed that is there it is piled on swims were peole have dragged it out because it is so bad. im thincking of a zig rig with a nice flouresent popup and so i no i wont get my hook caught on the weeds i am going to put a couple of layers of pva tape round the hook so i no when i cast out it is nicley presented ant the hook is not caught on some thing which will make me loose fish i am going to try out my friends delkim alarms i have never used them before so if i like them i will consider bying 2 and a reciver i just bought the maver abyss 2 and a half test curve i rate them verry much as you can really fill the fish fighting it is my first time proper carp fishing like spod and marker so i am going with someone down my road so i do not get all confused and lost. :good: if any one has any iseas please tell me or do you think that sounds ok :good:

Hi mate iv bin carp fishing 17 years so i think i no wat im on about you need to get marker rod out and do some ground work

find sum clear spots where the carp are feeding dont fish in middle of heavy weed evan if you get a take by time you connect to fish it will be weeded up and you will lose it un less u have a boat ?

2nd if you can drag a peg that will help fish love it when you rack a swim up and then spod or bait boat loads of particals or ground bait sweet corn

in to you clear areas

delkims txi are by far the best alrms on market to date by far so you wont go wrong with them if you get sum but not cheap

zig s are ok if fish are up in water on warm days but then floaters and stalking are just as good happy huntin hope u get a few ...swiss

Jordi,

As Swiss says, you should try to find some clear areas.

Use a rod with just a ledger bomb on it, cast and drag it back, feeling for gravelly bits on the bottom. You will feel the difference between pulling the bomb back through clear bits and weedy bits.

When you've found some clear areas, try to bait them up or use PVA bags to get your ground bait and your hook bait into them.

Problem is this can take an hour or so of your fishing time up - but it's probably worth it.

Another option is to tie the end of a rake to a long length of rope, chuck it out then draw it back. This will clear weedy areas which you can then cast to. Don't worry about distance, probably the biggest 10 carp I've caught were from no more than 3 feet from the bank (especially at night).

If you can fish over areas where the weed has already been cleared, try popping up your baits to about 2 - 4 inches with long hairs, in case the weed has started to grow back.

If you really have to fish over the weedy areas, don't be scared to pop your baits up really high over a nice bed of corn or something.

Good luck, let us know how you get on

can i ask why bradley's pool. its not the smallest of lakes to fish for car for the first time. im not going to scare you but its big and not easy.sit and watch the water for a bit. dont fish. dont cast a line. pay attention to the weather and whats coming. if there is a wind change then try to be in a place where the fish will move to, have the bank with the wind in your face.

zigs will work, if not up in he water then a couple of inch over the top on the weed.

use a pva stick to mask your hook for the cast and also make sure you use a safe rig, if you can get the lead to spit on the take then do it as you will find the fish will come up in the water and fight in the surface layers. you might only get one pick up so for the price of a £1 to land that fish then its worth it in my book.

as already said, dont over look the margins. bait a few little spots with veg matter, corn, hemp, chopped tigers hinders parti-blend. water will be nice and clear on the gravel pit in cerney so if careful you will see them feeding. do away with the lead and use a bit of reed as a float and a bb shot just to hold your bait in place.

bait for your lead is a bit of a lottery, there is to much to chose from. take something you have confidence with. if you can get info on the lake first then it helps. give hinders a ring as its in there area and all the lads there are tops class. even Shaun.hehe

delkim's are ok but there was better. been there done it and still went back to my fox LXR's. there has never been a build like them, many tried but failed, even the delkim. in winter the line freezes to the reed of the delkim and you lose sensitivity that you need for the one twitch bites in winter.

watch for fish, they will show themselves but you need to watch for them.

i have only fished for carp for 30 yrs, spent a lot of time chasing them, so much time in fact i over cooked it and im taking a brake. enjoying the autumn barbel more.

ave fun and enjoy yourself.

kind regards

Phil

Edited by activeviii

we decided to fish welford we has a run but it was a back drop and im not good at them so i did what im good at and blanked cheers for all the ideas most appretive

Theres always next time. you will have blanks, thats why its fishing and not catching. as long as you enjoyed your time out and learnt something from your trip then its all good.

i have spent a far few hours on that place.

in the channel or under the far bank with the baitboat use to be the way. then i started to use phil churns boilies. tock specials, he use to deliver them to the lake for me fresh and i use to pile them in, 5 kg at a time. one week end i was the only one catching fish and i ended up with 24 on the bank and a couple dropped hooks. i then moved onto NRG and baited the same. works will for the year then the tench wouldnt leave me a lone.

Jerry then put more bream in the place and i stopped going there.

I then fished manor and st johns until the floods and the fish kill. stopped carp fishing the lake then and moved to the rivers with mixed results and then gave up the carp and moved to the barbel.

theres a nice easy little place up in tirley. no nights but it can fish its head off if you just wand mid doubles with the chance of a 20. (tirley court)

little tiny bag of pellets with a 3" rig and plastic corn. put everything in the bag and swing out to the same spot all day. i was going to have a play on there with a maggot feeder and 14 hook just for a giggle.

Phil.