Game licence - Scotland

Does anyone actually have a game licence? I don't so I thought I'd get one this year. Been to a few post offices but they've never even heard of them!!

I know BASC is doing them for members - but I'm not a member.

Does anyone know where I can get one in th Edinburgh area?

Thanks.

Edited by CEREALTHRILLER

Quite a comprehensive answer from another forum, posted this month :-

You will need one for this coming season. The following is a quote from BASC Scotland:

"BASC Scotland and the post office in Dunkeld are offering to issue the licences for £7 (which includes a £1 handling fee) so people don't have to trawl around looking for a post office which stocks them. People can either call 01350 723226 01350 723226 or write to BASC Scotland, Trochry, Dunkeld, Tayside, PH8 0DY with their full name and address and a cheque payable to BASC.

"Although game licences have been abolished in England and Wales, the Scottish Executive's plans to scrap game licences will not happen before this coming game shooting season which is why all who shoot game in Scotland will still require a game licence."

Dr Colin Shedden, BASC's Scottish director, said: "We are still working to get rid of the game licence in Scotland. We sought assurances from the Crown Office that no prosecutions would be taken forward given the cross-border situation, but this guarantee was not forthcoming. What we have now is a mechanism to allow all who shoot in Scotland to comply with the law".

Does anyone actually have a game licence? I don't so I thought I'd get one this year. Been to a few post offices but they've never even heard of them!!

I know BASC is doing them for members - but I'm not a member.

Does anyone know where I can get one in th Edinburgh area?

Thanks.

The post office in St James centre does them and the post office on Freddrick Street does them too :cry1: