wheat stubble

hankook1

I shot over Barley stubble Friday then Sunday. Both times small pattern of crows which I added to as I shot a few and then a horse shoe of pigeons 15 yards to the right with 2 floaters!

Friday 51, mostly crows and shot really well. Sunday 14, 200 yards from where I was on the Friday in much better cover, mostly pigeons and shot like a big girl.

No matter how long I shoot for I'll never really understand why things change so drastically! In theory day 2 was over a flight line I had observed when last shooting, was a much better setup. I did take my brother along so maybe he's just a jinx!!

I shot over Barley stubble Friday then Sunday. Both times small pattern of crows which I added to as I shot a few and then a horse shoe of pigeons 15 yards to the right with 2 floaters!

Friday 51, mostly crows and shot really well. Sunday 14, 200 yards from where I was on the Friday in much better cover, mostly pigeons and shot like a big girl.

No matter how long I shoot for I'll never really understand why things change so drastically! In theory day 2 was over a flight line I had observed when last shooting, was a much better setup. I did take my brother along so maybe he's just a jinx!!

[/qu

hi, there are lots of reasons why your 2nd day wasn't as productive as the first, if you shot the field 2 days previous pigeons have a short memory but not that short so were probably a bit wary also its better to try and keep away from lots of high hedges and trees pigeons prefer open places where they feel safe to feed usually more in the middle of a field rather than near the edges or corners were there are lots of cover to get ambushed, if they were feeding on the field i would have tried to set up as close to were on the field they were landing as thats the place they prefered to dine, and i find you never get 2 days alike as weather conditions, and available food change every day over the harvest and drilling months all making a difference to feeding habits.

however don,t get me wrong getting under a flight line can produce some really good shooting as they are passing over to and from there prefered feeding spot :rolleyes:

Yeah that all makes sense. I sat and watched them come in groups of 5 or 6, overfly a copse of trees and then circle it and come in around it onto the stubble but within 20 yards of the trees. A further 35 yards away there was a bush on the field boundary and I setup infront of that. Felt like a good setup but on reflection I think I might have been too close to the high trees.