stubble today

yickdaz

had a crack at the woodies on an old oat stubble with the old fella today;birds wasn;t actually feeding on the stubbles on this particular permission but we had seen hell of a lot in the area in previous weeks so with a good strong wind we thought today would be best to have a pop at em;like i said they were not actually feeding on the fields but a good flightline over the fields and into a large wood;so set up about 1pm at the wood face with the wind directly behind us decoys and magnet on the stubble in front ;it was a bit slow to start a bird every 10 mins or so then around 2pm they began flighting in good numbers straight at us and once they saw the whirly most birds just folded there wings and came straight in... we shot a good portion of them just passing wide of the decoys but you can;t have it easy all the time ; so all in all a great days sport in the wind. :good:

final bag 80 woodies.74 picked and 1 feral ..oh and this is for eggy only 81 shells fired ???

post-21887-1286643708.jpg

Edited by yickdaz

Great shooting again mate, no more stubbles for me to shoot over now :-(

the stubble field we shot today is being left through the winter and a rape field borders it off our boundary so i think a few bags will be made over the winter with rape and stubble next door to each other.