etiquette with a semi

tony-devon

how do you know its a semi in a slip?

You don't, hence I mentioned muzzle awareness whether it's an O&U or a semi :good:

My point is that if I know someone is shooting with a semi-auto, I would be happier to see it on a sling and flagged or plugged than I would be seeing it in a slip.

People's lack of muzzle awareness just because their gun is in a slip never ceases to amaze me.

I know this thread is about semi-auto etiquette but I find it quite interesting to often hear people slagging semi's and quoting safety as a reason against them.

Just have a quick squint around the next time you are on the ground and see the number of people dragging closed O/U's out of slips and waving them about, walking on and off a stand with a closed gun. Shouldering the gun in the car park, swinging out of the exclusion zone when dry mounting etc. My biggest pet hate is walking in to our clubhouse where the racks are in the foyer. If I had a fiver for the number of times some ignorant muppet has been stood with a closed gun pointing straight at the door or slamming a gun shut horizontally at waist height I could own the ground.

It's not about the gun you use, its about how you handle it and muzzle awareness is the first point to consider after whether its got one up the spout or not.

If we wanted to know what chokes people were using we would ask, so why do people keep pointing them at us??

just today I have discovered that a ground near my work has a semi only day next month, will full use of the gun, looks like semis are pretty popular after all :good:

not too sure that when they say "full use" that they really mean it LOL

Could be expensive on the cartridges if you miss a bird, 3 for 2!!!!

Could be 75 cartridges for 50 birds if you drop one (a clay that is) on every stand

Anyway good luck and enjoy the day after all that is what it is all about

bakerboy

its 100 bird! and I expect the limit is 3, but Im certainly not limited to 3 :good:

potentially I could go through 400ish cartridges :lol: oops LOL

I expect that they will say 3 max in the small print somewhere

oh and even then, I still wouldnt hit them all, would be about 9 for 1 at each go LOL

Edited by tony-devon